Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First time driving a beetle today since 1979
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

ragtops and things.
those are the next "bubbles"

things have been gaining ground regularly

ragtops, well they are just awesome all around...

Both seem to always hold their value and continually rise in value.

Too late to get into the split bus "bubble".

Good bay windows have been steadily gaining and are affordable to a broader base of buyers...

If you buy to enjoy and invest, keep sight of what level your next buyer will be able to afford.

Lots af able buyer in the $10-15K range, not so many in the $50-100K
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
ragtops and things.
those are the next "bubbles"

things have been gaining ground regularly

ragtops, well they are just awesome all around...

Both seem to always hold their value and continually rise in value.

Too late to get into the split bus "bubble".

Good bay windows have been steadily gaining and are affordable to a broader base of buyers...

If you buy to enjoy and invest, keep sight of what level your next buyer will be able to afford.

Lots af able buyer in the $10-15K range, not so many in the $50-100K

I have not seen a VW thing in years....maybe I will start looking for one...they are based on VW Beetle platform right?...

Honestly tho as I reread all the replies....I might be better off just keeping my money in the local savings bank....no losses then....interest rates wont ever go in the negative numbers I don't believe at least....maybe I am looking in the the wrong area to put my money....seems like anything with wheels on it is a crap shoot as far as where it will end up...

I will keep looking....see if anything pops up that is as old as I can afford and in running driving condition...

thanks for all the insight guys....I learn tons from you folks everytime I am on here....

MikeC
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

mikec4193 wrote:
someones back door yard....

As soon as I read that I immediately looked at your location lol, Nobody on the west coast knows what that is. I'm originally from NJ.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

Yea but driving an old car isn't really about the financial investment. It's about the smiles per gallon (yours and fans) and getting outside the box of bland modern vehicles.

12/26/15 with a low budget '64 convertible.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
Yea but driving an old car isn't really about the financial investment. It's about the smiles per gallon (yours and fans) and getting outside the box of bland modern vehicles.

X2. Nuff said
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

I dunno - I've done well on my VW's and the '66 912 I sold last year. If you get the right car at the right price and use good parts, you can make money and enjoy the car while you have it. I certainly have, but I am not a beginner either. Good luck - I'd suggest early cars, and like said, the most original nicest car(s) you can buy for a good price. They are out there
Westy Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: First time driving a beetle today since 1979 Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
I dunno - I've done well on my VW's and the '66 912 I sold last year. If you get the right car at the right price and use good parts, you can make money and enjoy the car while you have it. I certainly have, but I am not a beginner either. Good luck - I'd suggest early cars, and like said, the most original nicest car(s) you can buy for a good price. They are out there

x2. I've made money on cars, but only when I bought them at a really good price and didn't put a lot of money into them. That implies you should try to find a near perfect car at a good price and then keep it nice. If you do that, you can probably drive it for years and then resell it for more than you bought it for.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: