Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ground Issue???
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Ground Issue??? Reply with quote

Restoring 66 Beetle and cannot figure out whether I have a ground issue. New complete wiring harness (Wiring Works), fuse block, light swith, W/W Switch, flasher and dimmer relays (all from Wolfsburg West) and new bulbs (all) were installed. I cleaned all electrical connections and metal to metal contact points at fender to body and lighting assemblies to fender attachements. Upon connecting battery, RF parking light and LR turn signal light are on. Pulling light switch on the RF headlight, remaining LF parking light and rear running lights / LP light are on. Brake lights, turn signals, emergency flasher, horn and dome lihgt work fine. Also, power to coil is fine. Admittingly, I am a novice with electrical matters and I am unsure if I can try something else or just let an expert remedy the issue.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Hoch on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ground Issue??? Reply with quote

Your fuse block is miswired.

The main problem here is the replacement fuse block you have installed does not exactly match the original, and thus, the factory wiring diagram. Specifically the bus/terminal bars connecting pairs of fuses together are not located in the same physical location as original.

*edit to add link*
Have a read through this thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=735696
Hoch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ground Issue??? Reply with quote

Great! Thanks! Come to think of it I may have picked up that FB from someone other than WBW.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: