Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Disappointing Vegas Bug In
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markymarc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Disappointing Vegas Bug In Reply with quote

I was in the first annual bug in on March 22 1987 and have not missed one since. This years bug in may have been the worst turnout I have ever seen. Very few venders and not many vw like the first one. Promoters were very rude and I hope a new promoter steps up and saves this event. If it where not for the drags there would be no event. First annual had no circuit just most classes for bracket racing. It's sad. The promoters were the judges and picked as it seemed a select few. I watched them look at cars and never did look under any of them. Let the people's choice judge the cars , they know what they are looking at.......
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you talk about this in the "shows" forums- maybe the promoters will read it. Sorry you didn't win. Rolling Eyes

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saying this for years, I guess Im not the only one who sees it.

It seemed to have started with the BRS vs PRA years back. Then BOR and the Clean and Elite shows started battling it out ending in split weekends. Then BOR (Classic) vs Prado the last few years which are on the same day. Prado seems to be a WAY better event and brings more enthusiasts who have a better time.

VW owners who occasionally drive their rides don't know any better but those who are deep in the "scene" aren't putting up the the crap and attendance at BOR events is the proof.

When BOR is the only thing in town they still have OK turnout but when there are other options enthusiasts will pick anything else. If you are into the racing you are SOL and BOR is your only option (at least on the west coast).
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
I have been saying this for years, I guess Im not the only one who sees it.

It seemed to have started with the BRS vs PRA years back. Then BOR and the Clean and Elite shows started battling it out ending in split weekends. Then BOR (Classic) vs Prado the last few years which are on the same day. Prado seems to be a WAY better event and brings more enthusiasts who have a better time.

VW owners who occasionally drive their rides don't know any better but those who are deep in the "scene" aren't putting up the the crap and attendance at BOR events is the proof.

When BOR is the only thing in town they still have OK turnout but when there are other options enthusiasts will pick anything else. If you are into the racing you are SOL and BOR is your only option (at least on the west coast).

Bugorama Vegas Cancelled.
Time for the Haters to celebrate.

SurfCityRacing wrote:
What's my muthafukinname? Bad Doggy Doo-ooo-oog!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad dog racing wrote:

Bugorama Vegas Cancelled.

Again?
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: