Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Propex install idea. Thoughts?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Propex install idea. Thoughts? Reply with quote

Santa brought me a Propex for Christmas. Yeah!! It's the HS2211 model that can be installed outside of the van. I've been laying awake at night thinking about how to install. Here is what I've come up with, with all my reasons.
Remove propane tank, clean, paint, revalve and install on passenger side. (Better weight distribution and option for an external gas port for bbq)
Install Propex on drivers side and run vents into cabinet under the sink. In the cabinet I would create a false floor and vent the heat and air return just below the the cabinet door (near the floor) with a custom type grill. (With the heat coming from there, some might actually reach into the poptop)
Thermostat would be installed next to the closet door, like I've seen most people do.
I will start the install sometime in January and post pics. Thanks for any input!
Steve
maco70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex install idea. Thoughts? Reply with quote

Hi,

I installed this one about three years ago.

My installation might not be the best, but i believe it is nice to share.

I installed a second propane tank, for BBQ and the Propex. The stock stayed for the inside burners, but not for the fridge, since i installed the Truckfridge TF-49.

My recent expedition learning goes to link both propane tank, for more versatility.

Then, the proper itself is under the vanagon, direct on the center line, between the fuel tank and the automatic transmission.

I use the stock duct, on the step to the front seats, because my vanagon 86 had the stock Eberspacher bully heater that i removed of course. So everything looks stock inside the vanagon. If you would like to had this stock duct, it is available i believe, in Europe.

Good luck.

Martin

1986 Vanagon GL full camper westfalia
(brown/tan interior)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: