Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's up with RS FAB?
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Anybody have any idea how I can get in contact with Ray from RS FAB?

I ordered a bunch of parts on the black friday sales including a big shot shifter, and although he has had my money since the 28th of November I have had no correspondence from him at all.

I have emailed him though his site and what has been suggested is his personal email (from one of the other vanagon sites) I have now had to put a dispute though Paypal in hope to get hold of him, that was 4-5 days ago now and still have no response.

Hoping someone can shed some light on what is going on?
ScottShelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I believe he is moving his shop back to Arizona. His site says he is gone until the 15th or something like that.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I considered that is probably the case, just would be nice to get a quick email.

"hey buddy, swamped right now, shifter won't be in the mail for another 4 weeks"
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

PayPal will get you a refund if he doesn't respond.
Stay on top of them.
Moving or not, sounds like a crappy deal on your end.
ScottShelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I've purchased 3 shifters from Ray. I got them in what you would probably consider record time, but it was still slow. I have talked with him a couple times and sent him messages. I think Ray is a good guy, perhaps a victim of his own success. I hope he pulls together the business end of his operation, because the product is really good.
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

It sucks to be out cash and get no feedback from the person who has your money. I've chatted with Ray a few times, he seems pretty straight up. Give him a chance.
rsfabparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I finally got control of my website and email back today. I had a freelance web designer take liberty and change my password on my website via Wordpress. Sorry Nils, working on what happened. Also had the part time worker I had shipping packages before the move, angry about the move ship 4 of the shifters to himself.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Ask any yee shall receive!!!

Thanks Ray
avwboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

My payment was made on the 29th of sept.

After multiple excuses and delays i received word on the 15th of nov that the parcel had shipped.
(ordered a black 5 speed shifter + linkage kit and adapter to suit subaru for down the track)

On dec 3rd i received my parcel which unfortunately arrived with a polished shifter and was also missing the 5 speed adapter.
I informed Ray that day.

On dec 11th he advised he would send a replacement black shaft and the missing 5 speed adapter.

On dec 14th he advised he would be shipping the parts on the following monday.
I followed up asking for a tracking number and have attempted contact 3 times since but no reply as of yet.

I am now more then 3 months from the payment date and cannot use the shifter in my ute yet :/
booted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I was going to place an order but was advised not to by someone who had paid in October and still not recieved their shifter,
can those of you wh have had problems post on here if/when they are resolved
shepherdsond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Any more news on rsfab. My shifter has broken and the Big Shot looks like a great solution. Apparently on sale for $269.99.
Hi-Top build thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=534517
ScottShelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

The Shifter is great and I have purchased four of them. I think it is one of the best improvements you can make. That be said, this is not Ray's only job and he can sometimes disappear for awhile. Apparently he now has stock on hand so that helps.
shepherdsond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Thanks, I emailed him..
Hi-Top build thread:
shepherdsond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

It's in the mail
Hi-Top build thread:
thunderstick12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Ordered one as well, per FedEx website, it's in transit. Looking forward to it arriving.
Midwestfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

update:I heard back from rs fab today via email and the mistake I made for shipping address was fixed. Thanks !!!

From everything I hear this is awesome product. However, I am not having any luck getting a response from Ray's company email, and no other points of contact listed. I guess I was expecting a fairly quick turnaround but I have no idea when it will ship. Secondary to that, I made a mistake entering shipping address and I don't know how to fix it on the actual order. That is totally my fault but need help resolving it. I guess will require some patience on my 'part' but for now not sure what will happen and when, and that is tough with a Vanagon parked in my driveway.

Last edited by Midwestfalia on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
rfoubi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Midwestfalia wrote:
From everything I hear this is awesome product. However, I am not having any luck getting a response from Ray's company email, and no other points of contact listed. I guess I was expecting a fairly quick turnaround but I have no idea when it will ship. Secondary to that, I made a mistake entering shipping address and I don't know how to fix it on the actual order. That is totally my fault but need help resolving it. I guess will require some patience on my 'part' but for now not sure what will happen and when, and that is tough with a Vanagon parked in my driveway.

FWIW I ordered one in september, it was shipped within a day or two, and then it showed up within the week.
jamin307
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I too ordered a big shot shifter a few weeks back. I reached out to Ray a while back prior to ordering and he confirmed big shot shifters should ship within a couple of days following an order. May van is parked for the winter season so no big deal however when the van sits for long periods of time...I order parts...and hence get anxious to install them. I've heard nothing but great things about the big shot shifter and can't wait to install it. My original shifter snapped in half while waiting in line at the entrance to Zion National Park earlier this summer. Thankfully the one and only shop in town saved my bacon and welded it back together. I think it's physically impossible to break it now but the trade off is that the shifter sits further away from the driver.
booted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered / received a shifter recently? I have been thinking of getting one but have heard a lot of stories about people not receiving their orders
jamin307
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

booted wrote:
Has anyone ordered / received a shifter recently? I have been thinking of getting one but have heard a lot of stories about people not receiving their orders

I've had mine for a while now (see the post above yours). I've been extremely happy with it. It took a little while to arrive but I believe that was due to bad luck/timing as they were moving their shop to a new location and dealing with a problem involving a past employee who decided to take some of the products with him when he left.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: