Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's up with RS FAB?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
booted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable. Thanks
Midwestfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I agree with jamin307. Took a while to receive a while back, but the quality is beyond reproach in my opinion. Side notes: maybe if you see rsfab parts for sale from other sources, you should be suspect. As far as I know they are direct from rsfab and nowhere else, but if not true please correct me. I have no affiliation with rsfab, but it's a small Vanagon world, ya know ?
flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Anyone talk to Ray at Syncrofest about timeline on the shift linkage?
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I ordered my shifter back in February and it arrived the same week.

Packed perfectly and looks awesome!

Installing this week now that the Westy is out of hibernation.

Thanks RSFab!
climber2377
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

How does one contact RSFab? Does anyone have an email address or phone #?
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2060467
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

rsfabparts.com 408 878-4006 There ya go.
climber2377
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Thank you kind sir
detoxed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Tried call RS Fab, phone out of service. ??
flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

That's concerning, as I have an vested interest in the company's existence. That being said, I think (hope) Ray is working on his products more than his website and he did move, so it could just be out of date.
detoxed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Does he have a new phone number?
I have a question about the shift linkage universal.
Thanks
gcat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Been waiting almost 2 months not a word yet no phone no emails back I hope all is well.... but it's getting me worried
newfisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I , and a few other I know, would love to order a shifter but we have seen this thread and the other one with questionable business tactics over the last couple years.

I am sure Ray is a nice guy.

Bummer he isn't very business savy or would/could sell more parts to those of us that dont want to get stiffed.

Anyone else stepping in and offering a killer shifter that has a good shipping and recieving department, customer service that will either answer/return phone calls or emails?
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

He is not taking any money from anyone right now so I wouldn't call out bad business tactics. He had ads posted on thesamba in May but pulled them as well.

I just want to thank him for manufacting such a killer part in the first place. One of the best mods yet to my trusty 1985 Westy!
TKentT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Gruppe B wrote:
He is not taking any money from anyone right now so I wouldn't call out bad business tactics. He had ads posted on thesamba in May but pulled them as well.

I just want to thank him for manufacting such a killer part in the first place. One of the best mods yet to my trusty 1985 Westy!

I just ordered a Bigshot a few days ago from his site, paying with PayPal. His website is still processing orders and taking payments....

So, yes he is taking people's money....

1986 Doka Transporter, 14" Syncro w/dual lockers -- 60,000km Swedish firetruck...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682322

30+ VWs before them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Flagged for feedback forum
SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

There was a bigshot installed in my van when I bought it, I can attest to the quality... it's a great item and I love the look and functionality. However I have never recommended to anyone because of the issues called out on this thread. Seems like a silly problem to have when there is such demand for the product.
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Ray was loaned a Syncro Shift Linkage by me over a year ago. I wanted to see parts made available for others, so I sent him the linkage. A beautiful low mile rust free piece. I did not ask for for money to ship the linkage, I just covered it. I made it clear I needed it back. I was happy to see a guy getting in the game, was happy to help, and wished him well. He now has had my linkage for over a year. I've asked for it to be returned several times. No luck yet. I expected the guy to ship it back. If he was feeling flush, maybe put a little something extra in the box? If he wasn't flush, no worries, just send the linkage back. Twice in the last year not having that linkage has caused me some grief. Two different vans had shifting issues where there was a concern of bent linkage. I needed my known good part. Having that linkage would have saved me about half a day of running around. I don't have a ton of free time. wasting half a day hurts. I've contacted him in the past to square up somebody squawking on the internet about RSFAB. Now I'm the squawker. I'm hoping the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Ray, I need my shift linkage returned. It was on loan. It was shipped to you for free with one request. That request was, you ship it back.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
detoxed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

maybe flomulgator can offer some insight as a vested interest in RSFab?
newfisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

BavarianWrench wrote:
Ray was loaned a Syncro Shift Linkage by me over a year ago. I wanted to see parts made available for others, so I sent him the linkage. A beautiful low mile rust free piece. I did not ask for for money to ship the linkage, I just covered it. I made it clear I needed it back. I was happy to see a guy getting in the game, was happy to help, and wished him well. He now has had my linkage for over a year. I've asked for it to be returned several times. No luck yet. I expected the guy to ship it back. If he was feeling flush, maybe put a little something extra in the box? If he wasn't flush, no worries, just send the linkage back. Twice in the last year not having that linkage has caused me some grief. Two different vans had shifting issues where there was a concern of bent linkage. I needed my known good part. Having that linkage would have saved me about half a day of running around. I don't have a ton of free time. wasting half a day hurts. I've contacted him in the past to square up somebody squawking on the internet about RSFAB. Now I'm the squawker. I'm hoping the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Ray, I need my shift linkage returned. It was on loan. It was shipped to you for free with one request. That request was, you ship it back.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have a known good forward section I bought from Dave Vickery. If you would like to borrow it, same request as yours to RS FAB and I'll ship it to you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: