Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's up with RS FAB?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
newfisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
It looks like rsfab is getting some straight talk on fb. A few folks are wishy washy about his fake conundrum (whether to go into business) but about half are calling him on his bs for taking money and not responding. Right now, his only consideration should be giving money back to folks who gave it to him for product he hasn't delivered.

Geeze, the dude has time to whine on fb about personal trivialities but doesn't make time to communicate with customers who've given him money. He's confused and doesn't have the critical thinking skills to make decisions. Countless businesses based on a great product idea have failed in the same way.

+1 !!

alternatively, I keep spending my RS Fab shifter money on other off topic cool stuff Laughing
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

It's a real shame...

...when good parts go bad.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I mean I want the part, just not the drama. It's a little silly to insinuate that the customer ought to be sympathetic or otherwise understanding of less than stellar customer service.
Low Bräu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I got parts from RS Fab last year but it was a huge hassle. Only half of my order was shipped. When I asked if it was in stock I was told "yes", there were no instructions with the linkage kit, spotty email responses, and the linkage kit looks nothing like the pictures online. I haven't used it yet so I don't know if its going to be an issue. I suspect there is going to be some figuring things out on my end. My experience was it is definitely not a professionally run business. The shifter does look awesome though. I hope to use it soon.
(321) 449-4665

Specializing in repair and maintenance for Porsche, BMW, Mini, Audi, and Volkswagen.

1952 Standard Beetle
1960 SO-23 Westfalia
1961 L-380 Turkis Deluxe Beetle
1985 Vanagon Country Homes Camper (work in progress - EG33 swap)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Team WorldTour wrote:
Luckyphil wrote:
A mate who only has 1 arm just installed the Big Shot for Auto box and also loves it.

It's not Beven, is it? (1:25) (Not safe for panty-waisted idjits)

Link

BTW- This is from BROADCAST Television.
I fuckin love Oz!

LOL!!!!! That's fucking hilarious! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gcat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Update on my order went to PayPal sent them a message no reply after a few days so started a dispute. About 3 hours later boom a response and they are to ship my shifters out today or tomorrow! Hopes are high but so are my doubts keeping the dispute open till they are in my hand
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

HI GUYS,
I own my own business and if I took 3 months to do anything with no response, I would be outta business.

I ordered a shifter and a 5spd linkage kit for my vanagon on July3 not one response on my emails. NOTHING. This is ridiculous. I have seen his work and it's nice, that's why I ordered from him. Never again.i will make my own kit next time. I have finished 2 buses in that time and almost a vanagon but I need the parts to finish it.

Ordered on July 3,2017 even with all the complaints I still ordered because his work is nice, service and communication sucks. Will NEVER order another thing from RS fab not worth the hassle.
TKentT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

TKentT wrote:
Gruppe B wrote:
He is not taking any money from anyone right now so I wouldn't call out bad business tactics. He had ads posted on thesamba in May but pulled them as well.

I just want to thank him for manufacting such a killer part in the first place. One of the best mods yet to my trusty 1985 Westy!

I just ordered a Bigshot a few days ago from his site, paying with PayPal. His website is still processing orders and taking payments....

So, yes he is taking people's money....

Just saw this move back toward the top. I wanted to report that I did finally receive an email from them, wanting to know if I wanted to wait on the "big black ball" shift knob -- they were backordered. I replied that I'd take the adapter that would allow me to use a stock knob instead. My order was then shipped right out, and I received it a couple weeks ago.

Though I haven't tracked down installation instructions (it came with none) and installed it yet, I am quite impressed with the quality appearance of the shifter...

1986 Doka Transporter, 14" Syncro w/dual lockers -- 60,000km Swedish firetruck...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682322

30+ VWs before them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CampWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Ed Hoffmann wrote:
HI GUYS,
I own my own business and if I took 3 months to do anything with no response, I would be outta business.

Agree 100%. No one is perfect, I'll be the first to admit that, but I feel bad when it takes me three days to respond to someone, let alone three months.

Apparently I have much less patience than many people on here. I would file a dispute after a week or two with no word. Waiting months on end to do so is unreasonable in my opinion. You're either a legit business or you're not. You can't wait forever either, as there is a certain window where you can contest charges. If you wait too long you'll eventually be left hanging with no product AND no way to get your money back.
Vanagon Nation Facebook Group

Instrument Cluster Foil Repair Kits - Fix your faulty blue foil for good!
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

HI guys,
Update on my last rant about RS Fab. Still no communication, but I did get an email with my FedEx tracking number from them. I HOPE THIS IS LEGIT .Will update when my package arrives.

BTW any one wondering about subiworks in Murrieta, .Ca. Chris is awesome and very knowledgeable if you are contemplating a flipped 5spd Subaru trans for your Vanagon or other project don't stress over it. The cost is about $4200 but a rebuilt 091 with a subi adapter will only be about $500 less and you will spinning higher revs.

Can't wait to finish my project. SVX turbo with subaru 5spd. No more going 45mph up the hills. My trans setup with 29' tires is 2800rpm at 72mph.

Any thoughts on the front brake upgrades for a 2wd lifted Vanagon running 16" wheels.
Gonna need to do that because I might be a lead foot for a while.
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

CampWesty wrote:
If you wait too long you'll eventually be left hanging with no product AND no way to get your money back.

This is my concern. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one if it comes in two months and don't want to "miss out". But ~$350 now for a product two months out is no fun. Their website does say 4-6 week ETA. So roll the dice and order?
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Ed Hoffmann wrote:
Any thoughts on the front brake upgrades for a 2wd lifted Vanagon running 16" wheels.
Gonna need to do that because I might be a lead foot for a while.

I had a Club Joker Westy here in Germany, dropped an H6 in it.
I was quite happy with the GoWesty Big Brake kit.
On my current van, I have that as well as the Booster upgrade (BMW booster).
I would definitely recommend this combo to any 'leadfoot'.
I too, was a leadfoot.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

All these problems with RSFab is sad, but I am happy I won my shifter at Syncrofest, very nice product.
dbartisan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Group,

I sent an email inquiry about shifter availability back on August 8th and recieved a somewhat timely response from Melanie Davis from RS Fab on August 21st. I think that's a positive sign.

I'm planning on ordering one shortly.

-Steve C.

Yes we have the shifters available. You can order one from the website. ETA is currently 4-6 weeks.

Thank You for your interest!
Melanie Davis
RS Fab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

So you think a 2-week turn around on an email response is timely? With all the feedback lately on this vendor I wouldn't give any of my money to them. Hopefully it works out, but don't go complaining if you end up in the same position as everyone else. There's enough feedback right now to be very wary.
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

dbartisan wrote:
Group,

I sent an email inquiry about shifter availability back on August 8th and recieved a somewhat timely response from Melanie Davis from RS Fab on August 21st. I think that's a positive sign.

-Steve C.

Yes we have the shifters available. You can order one from the website. ETA is currently 4-6 weeks.

Melanie Davis
RS Fab

I wouldn't pay up front. If you send payment and then wait and wait for delivery, you end up outside the window of being able to contest the transaction. I would say given the pattern of holding peoples money and then becoming impossible to contact and taking forever to deliver, the only w kind of transaction you should engage in is COD. It's nice to be optimistic, but it's also important to be prudent. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Just rolled the dice in a black shaft with red knob.
Fingers crossed.
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
FINALLY GOT MY PARTS. Way cool, but way too long.
Wish I would have won a shifter at Syncrofest.

Thanks for the info on the front brakes. Going with the Burley control arms up front.
Going to modify my rear ARMS for a 29" tire. Anyone find any bead lock wheels that fit.
Really like the look of the method 311/vex but they only make them with a zero offset.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

dbartisan wrote:
Group,

-Steve C.

Melanie Davis
RS Fab

Oy. Two weeks to get a response? How big is the red flag they're waving? This last week I sent late-night questions to GW and Van Cafe. Both responded before 9:00 am the next morning (thank you!). Granted, apples and oranges, but I'd assume any business that takes two weeks to respond is basically saying "please don't bother us with your order."

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

So they have them available yet delivery is 4-6 weeks? That makes no sense. Honestly a better business model would be for them to make a batch and sell them to GW or VC for distribution.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: