Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Don Froelich - vw356 - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Don Froelich - vw356 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a steering wheel hub from Don, fast shipping great communication
I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him
Thanks Don
thornton

Old emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
vdubaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more.
I recently purchased several items from Don, and was very pleased with everything I received.
Conditions were exactly as described and his communication with me was excellent.

Two thumbs up from me !! Smile

Thanks again Don,

Chris Mangler
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Don froelich, oldvw356, [email protected] Reply with quote

I have had a terrible experience with this guy.

I posted a wanted add for some pre 64 pop outs. He replied stating that he had some avail. This all started on June 14,2009. We set a price and I sent him his money. we corresponded and he stated that he received the money and would get the item shipped the following weekend. So I anticipated a week, two at the longest. received nothing. I then contacted him and he gave some excuses and said he would get them out. I have tried his phone number, but nobody is ever home. Hopefully he will respond soon. Last email I received from him was a week ago and he hasnt replied since. below are our conversations just to prove my point.

We're good..Thank You very much though..I think I have an oval clip and tail lights sold now and am going to have him paypal me..I'm not a big fan of paypal..I do everything in cash..
Thanks Eddie...I'll send these out asap..I should be off friday, but if not, saturday for sure...
Have a good one..Don

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Eddie <deepseeman> wrote:

Subject: RE: TheSamba.com Ad - WTB....Pre 64 pop outs
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 7:51 AM

The only thing I can think of is to send my payment back and I can then paypal you. Let me know.

Eddie

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One is good and the other is mean and evil, and they fight each other all the time. When asked which one wins I reply, "The one I feed the most"...."

Tatanka Iyotake (Sitting Bull)
Wicasa Wakan (Holy Man) of the Lakota

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 3:06 PM
To: Eddie

Hello Eddie..Sorry I'm late replying..We're good though as long as 10.00 covers shipping to you..I'll find out fast as I can..I hate waiting long on parts I buy too..

My problem with my headlight lenses deal is that the guy wants pay-pal now and I have no way to get money into pay-pal right now without selling something..I wish I had known before we did this our way..lol..Oh well..I'll get it fixed.. I'm getting 2 Hella fluted lenses and 2 Boshe fluted lenses for 200..This is how you are getting early pop-outs in good condition for 200..Works out good for all of us I think...

I'll let you know when they get sent..Definately this week..

Thanks Eddie..

Don

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 7:38 AM

Don,

Did you receive my payment?

Eddie

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One is good and the other is mean and evil, and they fight each other all the time. When asked which one wins I reply, "The one I feed the most"...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:54 AM

Don Froelich

1302 Brunner St NW

Cullman,Al 35055

I need to figure out shipping first though, or you can using my area code..I'd guess they weigh 8 pounds with a box, let's assume 10 because I am going to super wrap them for safety...

Thank You..Don

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 9:59 PM

I will take them. Whats your addy?

Eddie

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 2:16 PM

They need new rubber, they are not scratched and the only parts missing are the screws and plastic covers..All of the parts needed are dirt cheap from Wolfsburg West..The glass is original.. Are you buying them??? I'm selling now only because I'm buying a killer deal on 4 fluted headlight lenses for my splits...I'm a "horder"..lol...I only sell when trying to further my collection..

Please let me know..Thanks..Don

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 8:51 AM

Are they missing any parts? How is the rubber? Original glass? Are the frames scratched at all?

Eddie

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:45 PM

How about 200 for the windows and 20 for boxing and shipping??? I'll wrap them in towels first probably, then pack paper wadding around them in a bigger box..I may have some bubble wrap to put them in too I think..

Please let me know if this is ok...

Thank You..Don

P.S. No paypal..Money order or cash in a registered letter for safety..Thanks..

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 8:31 AM

How much would you sell them for?

Eddie

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 7:30 AM

No..I had a serious run in with a cop and took a little vacation...
Here are 3 cool pictures for you though..The last one shows the set of pop-out windows we're talking about...There are actually 3 sets in this picture though..The ones we're dealing have the clips/hinges that take the plastic hinge covers,(available in chrome,black and ivory if I'm not mistaken) the other two are the kind that have the thin metal polished hinge covers..

Your kick panel will not fit my seat apparently..I'm told that my kick panel will have a small circular cut out in it to clear something, and then my rear seat panel has the same aluminum as yours, but has a brownish color material..Your panel is as nice as they can be as far as I'm concerned, but not sure if I can make it work in my bus as cheaply as I can buy another one for..I'm still trying to make this work though..Please let me try to get a final price and see what we can do..

Thank You..

Don
--- On Tue, 7/7/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 1:32 AM

Any updates?

Eddie

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 3:32 PM

I'm just way behind..

I've also got to make sure that another guy will trade me the cover off your part for one that matches my interrior plus a little cash...I like how yours has the correct rivets in the correct locations, otherwise, I would have just spent the 150.00 to get a repro one..

I'll try to wrap this up wednesday night..My daughter will be gone then..

Thank You..Don

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 6:08 AM

Any pics yet?

Eddie

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 4:47 PM

256-734-7310..I live in Alabama .. I'll try to get you pictures by tomorrow night...

Thank You..

Don

--- On Fri, 6/19/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 4:22 PM

Whats your number?

Eddie

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:00 PM

Good enough for me...I'm thinking I can get the color changed by an interrior shop hopefully..My pop-outs are nice...Is a straight trade for these parts good with you???
Please let me know..Thank You..Don
--- On Tue, 6/16/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 7:46 AM

Here is the kick panel. Its all original and was taken out of the bus when the bus was new. It has been sitting in storage its whole life.

Eddie

Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:47 PM

Do you have any pictures??? I'm looking for a middle seat kick panel, windows and maybe the seat rails..I'll have to go look and see if I have mine..

Thanks..Don

--- On Sun, 6/14/09, Eddie < deepseeman > wrote:

Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 7:40 PM

The only things I have are a small diameter 12v generator and a middle seat
kick panel, but unsure of its year. I also have some bus glass (sigla w &
w/o logo) and a rear seat luggage bar. Any of this interest you?

Eddie

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One is good and the other is mean and
evil, and they fight each other all the time. When asked which one wins I
reply, "The one I feed the most"...."

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:32 PM
To: deepseeman
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - WTB....Pre 64 pop outs

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
WTB....Pre 64 pop outs Price: fair
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=801285
and sent the following message:

Hello..I have a set and am looking to trade for pre-'55 bug parts or '55 to
'58 bus parts...Do you have anything from these years??
Thank You..Don
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody know how to contact this con artist?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Speed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Beware: Don Froelich, oldvw356, of Cullman AL Reply with quote

Another bad experience. Buyer beware!

Name: Donald Froelich Jr (goes by Don)
User name: oldvw356
possibly has another user name on here...
email: [email protected]

Last February I paid Don to start work on a beam for my bug. He cashed the check as soon as he received it and began work on the beam. He sent me pictures of the progress and kept me up to date, for the most part.

As progress was made he asked for some parts that were needed to finish the beam. I ordered the parts and had them shipped to his house. He called me when he got the parts and we finalized the agreement on how narrow the beam would be, etc.

Months went by, and I was patient. We'd email back and forth every few weeks, and Don would tell me that he hadn't had a chance to work on the beam, or that he needed a certain drill bit to finish the last thing on the beam, and after that, it would be ready for me to pick up. I was very patient, told him no big deal, email or call me soon as you're done. More months went by and still no word on my beam.

At this point I was beginning to get antsy so I called him up, no answer. Then I emailed him and got no response. So, I pm'd him on this site...again, no reply. I'm starting to get worried now, so I start trying to call him. He never answers his phone. Then one day when I try to call, his number is disconnected. Mad

So I sent him a certified letter. It was never signed for. Next I sent a regular letter to his parents house, but I addressed it to Don jr, knowing that his parents would pass it along. I included receipts and a copy of my signed check that Don cashed. He never wrote me back, called, or emailed me.

I've tried calling his parents house, who live right down the street from him, and I've spoken with his mother on a couple of occasions. She tells me that Don hasn't had his computer hooked up in several months, and that he's hard to get in touch with. I ask her if there's any other way for me to contact him, and she tells me there isn't, but that she will give him the message that I called. Of course he never called back.

So a couple weekends ago I had enough and drove up to his place. It was about an hour and a half drive up there. His place looked abandoned. No cars, no blinds, etc. There was some VW stuff strewn about the yard, but that's all I could tell from the road.

So, I made another call to his mothers house, she informs me that he has moved back in with his ex-wife and they are remodeling a house together. How nice...Don is remodeling a house but doesn't have 5 minutes to call me back and tell me why he doesn't refund my money, or tell me when/where I can pick up my beam. Seriously...I'm not asking for much!

The last known info I have for him is:

Donald Froelich Jr.
xxxx Brunner St NW
Cullman, AL 35055-2716
(256) 734-7310 (disconnected)

[email protected]

If anyone knows where Don is, or how I can reach him, I would be so grateful if you would pass that info along to me! Thanks!!

Thanks!
Zach
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach,
I called and harassed his folks until I received my refund. I know its not their fault, but they were the only ones with a means to communicate with him. you can file a small claims case or file stolen property seeing that your near by. I was in california and was buying a part. seeing that he has your part and has failed to communicate I would say it could be considered illegal.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, he has not used the site since August, 2009:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9087
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Speed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepsee, you have a pm.

thanks Everett, yeah, that's roughly around the time he stopped communicating with me. I know that he used to use a different user name on this site and may have gone back to using it. I think he does this from time to time...disappears and then reappears with a new username. At least that is what some of the locals have been telling me.

Last year when everything was still cool between us, I invited him to a bug show (his place was on the way to the show) and he declined my offer, giving me a cryptic excuse about how some of the people at the show he doesn't get along with.

Now I see why...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is using another id and you discover what it is, please let me know.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another story about Don-

I was building a 36 horse engine, and needed some STD/STD main and rod bearings. I got in contact with Don, who actually drove about 6 hours from his house, to personally give them to me at Circle Yer Wagens, in TN.
BTW, before anyone says "yeah, you were a magazine guy, of course he's gonna treat you right" he had NO IDEA who I was, I don't think.
There's another side of Don, for a counter-point.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
6Speed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt he's a good guy and has sold many parts to happy customers.

But currently, for whatever reason, he's decided to disappear since around August or September of last year, and is practically impossible to get in touch with.

I'm sorry, but just bc you don't have a phone or internet at your new house, doesn't excuse you from getting in touch with someone for 6 months. I've left at least 5 or 6 messages with his parents, a message with his grandfather, sent him 2 letters (1 certified).

If you could help me get in touch with the "other side" of Don, that would be awesome Exclamation
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

65speed, I'm sorry, but I haven't had any contact with Don in over 3 years. I think you have had more recent contact with him than I have, I just wanted to let folks know, that Don (at least back then) wasn't a bad dude. I do remember him having some family issues at one time, but I think that was over 5 years ago.
I'll try to send an e-mail to the last e-mail addy I had for him, and see if I can reach him.
I just don't want to see the guy dragged through the coals, if he has a legitimate excuse (and let me say, I have NO IDEA, again, I haven't heard from him in years)

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Guilty..But only for a short time..25 years of good times! Reply with quote

I found out about these posts a long time after they were posted..The first guy was returned his money and the reason it took me so long was because of other priorities and bad judgement on the timeline on my part..The second man did wait a long time but received his narrowed beam that was made but never delivered until after I got myself stood back up again and we have been in touch several times since then..He loves his narrowed beam, but he didn't ever post the good side...Funny how that works with most of us actually...So, I'm not mad at him..
What happened? I straight out checked out for a while after a nasty divorce that erased all the years of hard work and success I had been enjoying..I ended up living in a horrible neighborhood with a dead end job, and then decided I had to take on every bit of extra work I could get to try to climb back out of that misery..And during that time it did not seem to be getting me anywhere even though I was working 7 days a week daylight to dark...But, after a couple years of this, things started picking up, and when they did, it was like new seeds sprouting from everything I had been doing during these bad 2 years....
Now, I have a beautiful, great natured wife, 4 nice properties, a 75 x 80 new shop and 4 new miller welders and a rotisserie and several roll around tool boxes full of tools and a very nice house on 20+ acres with a very happy 13 year old daughter...And even more rare VWs and VW parts and I have done many deals since these years, but most people really do not leave feedback for whatever reasons...I have 3 or 4 horror stories from well known people on thesamba, but I did not post bad stuff online because I felt like maybe they had other issues troubling them and did not need to be torn down PERMANENTLY over 1 or 2 small deals...One man straight out went into my stash while I was at work and STOLE from me and had the nerve to complain over the phone to me that I had moved some of my stuff home after giving him an amazing deal on used and nos parts in bulk!!! If I had left them there, they would be gone too! So, is there bad people out here?? YES..But not as many as it may seem..I've been very deep into 1950's VWs since 1988, and I have an amazing private vw junkyard with cars for each year almost from '51 up to '67, but mostly 1950's stuff..And I only have 2 bad posts on me, so I think I can live with this..I think Zach only has 200.00 in his narrowed beam,and it is complete and was ready to bolt on and go, and it is extremely nice, so it was worth the wait, plus he has a very good new contact...I messed up..No kidding, lying or any other cover up..I am one solid guy, I just fell a long,long ways for a short time and learned a lot from it...I know I could easily get these posts erased with a lawyer, but these guys were not lying..I do wish more people who buy or deal with me would post positive things, but we do not get as excited when things are going well or something, because I bet I have been in at least 60-70 deals online since these with no feedback of any kind...I do not ever ask anyone for it...ever..So, if you want to judge me buy these 2 posts, I understand...This is what it is here for..I am not now or ever have been trying to harm anyone in any way...Thank You.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pawel_PL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very patient , and helpful seller.
I had excellent contact with Don, and in my opinion we made a great deal.
I highly recommended to everyone.
Item condition was exactly as described.

Thanks again, Pawel
maniacmike53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Good seller Reply with quote

Don sold me items that were exactly as described in condition at a good price.
Great seller!!!
bikesnbuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: GREAT buyer!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Great communication!!FAST payment!Thank you
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don bought ragtop clip from me. Met me in Atlanta exactly as he said he would. Transaction was very smooth. Thanks Don.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
bikesnbuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He bought some books from me..He paid quickly as he said he would,and let me know he got them safely and that he was happy..Most people dont ever tell you when theyre happy about a purchase .. Wink Thank you!
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Don Froelich - vw356 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just completed my second transaction with Don. One receiving, one sending. Both went smoothly with quick and excellent communications. Very happy.
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: