Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Rugbyball
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 10, 2023
vintagebusimport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Im laurent PIANI owner of vintagebusimport in los angeles. Our company has been importing kombis from brasil for the past 2 years and we' ve been working hard to find first the partners and then the kombis.

Just wanted to share our last experience, with FRED ROODT from BRASIL on a purchase we made.

Before this we bought an other kombi from FRED ROODT, not very expensive and when we got this bus it was ok. Never a big deal to have something you are not expecting as long as its manageable but for the last shot we gave with him it was EXTREMELY BAD.

Basically, FRED ROODT is selling kombis that he does not own and he does not go and inspect all the kombis he has for sale, he actually does not know anything about a basic standard especially for a kombi we bought $17000. He has no expertise in anything regarding kombis and honestly the only thing that matters to him is your money. Check out his ads and make your own idea.

As it is extremely hard to do some business in brasil we decided to work with him to expand our possibilities.

Regarding this bus and this is the most funny part fred asked us $1000 to go and check the bus. We do this all the time to insure that the combis we are targeting are good. If you spend $17000 for a car why not paying for an inspection.

He never did and and the worst is that he told us frankly that he has never inspected this kombi.

When we asked FRED ROODT to pay for this ugly bus on which he probably made thousands of dollars he told us TO GO FUCK OURSELVES and that we never bought this bus from him.

This is not the kind of story a company use to share but BE VERY CAREFUL about this seller. He's lying a lot, will give a lot of interests but once the money is received be prepared for the worst. Again he does not know anything about volkswagen.

We had a problem too with a bus we sold to a customer last year for being blind with an employee so if we have to give you an advice, there is no miracle cheap prices in brasil and if you can go there and do the inspection by yourself do it unless you can really trust someone or a network in brasil which is our situation.

I hope this will help people

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Other emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Zylinderkopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: cricinfo - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. His ads are still here on TheSamba and it just seems so tempting to own an early bus for a fraction of the price of one bought in the US.
1971 Super Beetle
1974 Thing

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no one told them to."
Rugbyball
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: cricinfo - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

Dear friends I was made aware of a negative post going around from a bus import company called Vintage bus imports trying to discredit my name . It all comes down to envy as I am in direct competition with him selling busses to the USA .Laurent from Vintage bus imports in the past has raised his unsatisfaction towards bus prices I post on a USA website and he always commented that I am killing his business in the US Truth is as long as I am advertising on that website he knows he cannot sell his busses at inflated prices as the website are visited by thousands of VW enthusiasts who will see the real prices .For example for a 15,000$ bus he will charge almost double in the USA .He is now using pictures of a bus with a lot of defects that he says I sold him which is not true .I never inspected nor saw this bus. If it is so easy to get on a plane to do the inspection yourself as he says why doesnt he come here to do it himself for his clients? Truth is he has never been to Brazil and uses other people to do the inspection for him
I have sold him about. 5 busses in the past and never received one complaint , I since then parted from doing business with him as his compensation for inspecting busses was not worthwhile for me so I decided to go solo which allowed me to sell busses at my price and not his
The busses he bought from me I have seen a few weeks later on his website for double what he bought it from me making it almost impossible for someone who love to have one to purchase unless you are financially well of .
I can give references in the USA of clients who are in possesion of there busses they purchased from me after inspecting it and they are very happy.
Every bus I sell I personally go to inspect and take pictures and videos of and I have witnesses who can confirm this
Even after he showed me the pictures of the bus he says I sold him I asked him to get it fixed and I will pay for it , he never did this as his objective is to discredit me with clients in order for him to get a bigger slice of the pie
Like I said I am happy to give references in USA , UK , Australia and even Russia of clients who has purchased busses from me and I they can testify about the quality of there busses. Right now I have 20 active ads on that website www.thesamba.com for sale and you can ask me to send videos and detailed pictures on anyone of them and I will be able to .
This vintage bus imports company created a false facebook profile under the name of a certain Nick Fisel to discredit me so that in itself says something about them .
Thank you
vintagebusimport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: cricinfo - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

Dear Fred,

After spending a certain time last week with you on Skype you said you would come up up with an offer but i guess you were busy (...).

It looks like you still have no idea what you are talking about as well as you have no idea what you are selling to your customer as well. Just by looking at your ads it looks like you have nothing to say about these kombi.

We are not in competition with you. What we are trying to do is slightly different. We try to buy good kombis in brasil ( obvisouly not for you anymore), import them pay the customs, the rents, electricity, inspect them, buy new parts, install the parts, fix electrical problems.....There is a long list of things we are doing that would probably explain why there is difference of pricing with you Fred. Everybody know the prices in brasil its a secret for nobody anymore.

YES you sold us this bus and i can prove it. I can prove that you take money from people/companies and have absolutely no skills in vw and that you said you would go there and inspect that car but you never did. Don't you ashamed asking $1000 sometimes for nothing??

Your all post is full of lies...you are a funny person...and regarding Nick Fisel, i have no idea who this guy is as discussed on Skype...

I wish you a good luck.
venloer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: cricinfo - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

id: 1899167, cricinfo, Fred Roodt
Good morning Fred,
Thanks for sending the bus.
Yesterday it arrived in cologne.
I inspected the bus and I think, it is not the bus that I bought.
You wrote in your advertisement, that it is 100 % original condition, never repainted, not a spot of bondo, new tyres and perfect working condition, rust free.
Nothing from this is true.
When the bus arrived, the battery was empty and we pushed it in the garage.
It was nearly imossible to push by hand, because any brake is blocked.
The tires have much tread, but tires are old with cracks in the gummy.
Also the tires are wrong size for german rules.
The bus is painted inside and outside.
Before paintjob welding was done all over the bus in many different areas.
There is also bondo, in this areas.
I removed the front wheels, because the joints are worn and without grease.
Looking to the sheet metal over the front wheels, I see, that it is completely rusted through from underside (in german Kniestücke).
It is not posssible to change this metall without destroying the paint on the outside.
All over, the bus is more then far away from your description and not a bus for me.
It is a pity, that you are so far away.
I wish, that in future you will not sell busses all over the world.
Best regards.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: cricinfo - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

POT VS KETTLE 2016!!
SHOWDOWN!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7895483

bottom line is before buying a bus thousands of miles away, maybe find a Samba member who knows something about them to go have a look, best money you'll spend in these situations.
Sad all around.
Brazil is a sketchy place and no one I know in the USA would trust a sale from down there. The stories are countless. Too bad cuz it sounds like VW heaven down there....

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
vintagebusimport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: cricinfo - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

Hi guys,

@ROCKOROD71 im always amazed about people like you wasting their time ( Sorry im gonna try to stay professional as its going to play against me right?) bringing THE STORY of the year on the table. Good job. YES i did not do my job correctly by checking my employee work that is right. We are selling buses all year long and you guys have NOTHING else to do than spitting on companies like ours for 1 or 2 mistakes on which i agree will destroy someone's dream.

Its not like we try to screw people all year long my friend but forums and other social networks are good for people like you. The only thing you gonna keep in mind is the only bad one...i am right or you can't do better?

Ive seen awesome companies doing great jobs here in CA being destroyed because of this crap. Shit happen without control sometimes, Can you believe that?? but please guys keep spreading the only best thing you can do, that's awesome.

This guy fred is screwing people all year long you know what i mean?? Stop wasting your time on this or try to do something close to what we do. I dont know what you do and i won't judge you on whatever i see on internet.

Just to conclude and when you say: "Brazil is a sketchy place and no one I know in the USA would trust a sale from down there. The stories are countless. Too bad cuz it sounds like VW heaven down there...."

Dont say this kind of things because you have no idea what you are talking about. Again, GO THERE and you will talk. Sketchy place? ...Sounds like you know what you are talking about. We sold buses from brasil straight being inspected by myself with no problems...Maybe i should ask these customers to put good reviews online right??? There are buses sold from serious companies without any problems....

@venloer

Sorry for your story man but i would like to add a couple comments on this:

When the bus arrived, the battery was empty and we pushed it in the garage.
This is not shocking. Cars are suppose to first being shipped without batteries and engine drained. If not the fees to ship the cars increases. I dont know if it was disconnected but it should and even with this the batteries status on old kombis are are very bad because they never drive them anymore overthere. Most of them are garaged and never used for different reasons...(...)

It was nearly imossible to push by hand, because any brake is blocked.

Happened to me once, not the seller's fault

The tires have much tread, but tires are old with cracks in the gummy.
Also the tires are wrong size for german rules.

I understand the tires are bad which is not cool but the seller is not suppose to handle rules in a foreign country

The bus is painted inside and outside.

Thats absolutely not surprising. Dont know what you saw on pictures...? Any pictures?

Before paintjob welding was done all over the bus in many different areas.
There is also bondo, in this areas.
I removed the front wheels, because the joints are worn and without grease.
Looking to the sheet metal over the front wheels, I see, that it is completely rusted through from underside (in german Kniestücke).
It is not posssible to change this metall without destroying the paint on the outside.
All over, the bus is more then far away from your description and not a bus for me.

Any pictures?
Rugbyball
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

For a list of references please contact me I will be happy to give references from anywhere in the world

Hello Fred. Just wanted to let you know that the VW Bus shipped in safe and sound! She is beautiful and very pleased with her condition. Thank you for being patient with me throughout the process.
Quinton Myers

Thanks Fred! Today, another man from Russia became the proud owner of a bus! He asked me to give you a word of thanks and say that is completely satisfied with the purchase. He got what he expected. We are already the third bus buy from you (I'm sure that this is not the last one) and had never been disappointed.
Greetings from Russia !!!
Good luck in business!
Sergey

Introducing Isabella or "Izzy" as she'll be known to the Sledge family...Thanks to Fred Roodt for finding her and sending this South American Beauty our way from Brazil. His Knowledge and Expertise in procuring and exporting these Brazilian beauties all over the world in unmatched. He is a pleasure to do business with and We highly recommend. Brian Puckett with Puckett Brothers Restoration worked tirelessly from the time she showed up until today getting her in Tip-Top running condition and taking care of the odds and ends. His attention to detail is un-matched when it comes to these VW's and it was very fortunate we stumbled upon him. He is a great mechanic and has become a great friend. Thanks to Frank Dishon at Fairhope Iron Works for taking care of all the powder coating of rims and miscellaneous parts and to Katie Green at Sweat Tire for those great looking Gangstsa Whitewalls. Last but not least, thanks to Joshua McDonald for getting the sound system squared away. She's a long way from the streets of Sao Paulo but she is gonna get a great life on the beaches of the Gulf Coast of Alabama. We'll be seeing you out there putting along in the slow lane takin' er easy for the rest of you out there.
jobmelton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

I wanted to submit a review of the bus I purchased from Fred in Brasil. AKA Rugbyball. I read these posts before buying and my desire to get a rust free, bondo free running 15 window compelled me despite my reservations.

Pros: I called the references he gave was able to speak with one person that I was able to verify was a real person and did receive a bus and felt comfortable I would receive a bus which was one of my biggest concerns. Fred is also a convincing salesman Ive gotta give him that credit. Especially when all communication is done via whattsapp and a few calls. I consider myself a hard sell but I was willing to take a risk because if this purchase worked I was going to go all the way and have a fully restored cloned samba from him. I was really hoping to establish a good relationship to get my dream bus.

Cons: Fred absolutely misrepresented everything, took his time in replying after he received the money and has yet to make good on some unmet promises.

First off I was really specific in my questions about the bus.
1) Is there any rotten rust spots that have gone through the metal? Fred: no it is rust free. Truth. There was significant rust underneath on the inner rocker, bad patch jobs and pinholing in outriggers, frame and various locations underneath. Worse are the metal repairs and welds breaking free.

2) Has it been in an accident? Fred: no it is straight. Truth: It has some serious damage that I keep exposing as I go further into the restoration I notice the whole vehicle sits crooked, likely twisted frame. The passenger door post has been smashed in and repaired with bondo so it is still twisted and passenger door doesn't close and there is about a 1" gap between door and post.

3)Is there bondo or filler on bus? Fred: No, he even sent me a picture of the coating thickness detector and checklist he said he used to make sure the bus was sound. Truth: The filler mentioned above and some on the nose and something all over the inside of the panels.

4) I don't want a pressed emblem is that pressed in or removeable? Fred: No they paint it the same color, its removeable. I asked this question multiple times and multiple times he said no it is just painted. Truth: it is pressed in

5) Is it mechanically sound? Fred: Yes I checked all the mechanicals see checklist. Truth: steering box needed to be rebuilt $800, link pins rebuilt and front end $1000.

So based on his answers I agreed to buy it if he would replace the rearview mirrors to original, wash it and put the seats in. He said yes.
When I received the bus nothing was done as promised and I began to undercover the reality of the bus that was totally misrepresented. I let Fred know, he said he would send someone to look at it. I waited a few weeks, got quotes for the body work ranging from $3000 to $400 depending on what else is uncovered. Almost two months later as of this post I settled for him to send me rear view mirrors and an emblem that he said would fit over the pressed emblem and a connection to a parts source for a brazilian steering box, because I just want to end my interactions with him. He has been stringing me along now for two months. There is always an excuse. All I can say is you will get a bus but it will not be as represented. I would've been happy with my bus for about 3K less. Some of the things I was going to redo so I was expecting to put about 3-4K into it. Im about 5K more into it and that is just to get it to the point I'd imagine I would be starting with based on our conversations. Technically I still haven't been able to get it registered in California I need to go to CHP to have VIN verified hopefully it wont be another expensive discovery.

BUYER BEWARE and be very careful about buying one that claims to be totally restored. Im just happy I didn't go that route because I would have been extremely disapointed needing to undo everything to get it right. If anyone is considering buying one he has posted feel free to contact me I will share all our communication threads on whattsapp to give you an idea of what he says.
Bushunter73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

@jobmelton thanks for letting me check out the bus,paperwork and communications with fred. Looks like you saved me a headache, I was going to buy one if your looked good. Guess I'll stick with the german ones I can inspect locally. I was pretty tempted to buy one of the completed ones fred has listed. Pictures look great. Your bus is going to be nice once you make all those repairs, hope it all works out. Hopefully you'll have it road worthy by August show. Seems like Brazilian busses Had a hard life but you gotta love the 15 windows it's sure tempting until you see one in real life.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

One of Fred's nice offerings to the VW enthusiasts.
"Daily driver" I wouldn't feel safe driving that at all.... looks like it's about to break in half.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2104489

Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
One of Fred's nice offerings to the VW enthusiasts.
"Daily driver" I wouldn't feel safe driving that at all.... looks like it's about to break in half.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2104489

lol. People buy these Brazilian busses because they are cheap. So expect crap when it arrives because you wanted to spend crap type money. Don't be suSame with when all those barndoors were coming from South America 10 / 15 years ago. Them busses down there are beat to shit plain and simple. They lived hard lives in the damn rain forest type weather so expect that kind of bus. Buyers wanting to get something cheap then get stung in the ass when they see it in person doesn't surprise me. All I'm saying is if you want to spend cheap then expect to get crap.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
mikesbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

On July 9th 2021 I purchased a 1974 Volkswagen Kombi T1 VIN# BH351910 from VOLKSWAGEN DO BRAZIL, Fred Roodt. The VW Bus was going to be modified to my specs and was supposed to be completed in 4 months. I received progress reports and photos almost weekly. There were delays that I understood due to parts availability and covid that delayed the project almost 6 months. When the vehicle was completed around the 1year mark I was ready for shipment. It never happened due to a barrage of excuses over the next 9 months. I finally realized it probably was not going to happen I asked for my money back. Since then it's been nothing but excuses. The seller Rugbyball who he calls himself on the sambavw.com website is still listing vehicles for sale to this day. He is answering my messages and still making excuses. It’s been over 2 years and still no bus. Unfortunately he has been paid all of the money. Sad
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

This person has been banned due to no replies regarding the issues from the person above as well as past issues detailed in this thread as well as a 2nd feedback thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=756150
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zandstra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

VW bus VIN # BH351910 was imported into the USA, Maryland, on Nov 5th, 2021. Fred Roodt... "Rugbyball" was lying to you the whole time. He did the exact same thing to me. He resold that bus to someone on the east coast and just kept lying to you.... That's what he does.
zandstra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - [email protected] - Fred Roodt - Brasil Reply with quote

You can find the Bill-of-Lading online-

"Nov 05 2021"

"1 VOLUME CONTAINING 1 USED VEHICLE VOLKSWA GEN KOMBI T1 VIN # BH351910 COLOR RED WHIT E RENAVAM 00570658691 1.500 CC 52 HP GASOL INE MANUAL TRANSMISSION"

"Marks:BH351910" "BALTIMORE, MD"

Fred took your money, then sold the bus a 2nd time. It's what he always does...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: