Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless 36hp exhaust from CSP
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Stainless 36hp exhaust from CSP Reply with quote

It looks like CSP is making a stainless 36hp exhaust. http://www.csp-shop.com/cgi-bin/cshop2/front/shop_...0&all= Does anyone know how it's constructed? Is it built like a Dansk, or like an old VW muffler with equal length primaries?

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
Kjell Roar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless 36hp exhaust from CSP Reply with quote

We visited CSP after Bad Camberg last year, and got a tour around their workshop and store. And we was showed this new muffler.

They told they have put a lot of job and testing in this product. The quality is very nice. Should give a little more power than original, it has equal length tubes like the original. And they tested different ways of doing them before they where satisfied. Should work fine with some TDE's on it. Maybe my next exhaust Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Picture from later that day, we are waiting for the ferry in Kiel back home. My Nilbeige/white oval to the left.

My car, Aug. 4th, 1955 / an early 56: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=610438
Kjell Roar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless 36hp exhaust from CSP Reply with quote

CSP has only explaining text on their german language sides, here it is translated by google...:

The CSP Products muffler for 22KW / 30hp Type 1 engines (36hp SAE in US)is not a mere reproduction, but technically up to date.

This is not only the production of stainless steel 1.4301, but above all also the internal structure. This model is an absorber muffler, which is as quiet on the decibels as the standard pendant, on the other hand it has less pressure build-up than the former. This allows the engine to breathe more freely and with corresponding spoiler tailpipes even a noticeable performance increase can be achieved.

There is no parts opinion / ABE, thanks to the original volume and the serial optics should be an entry but easily feasible.

Looks promising, they told it was a few hp extra in it (2-5 more). They had a 36 hp engine to test the result.

And its a quality product made in Germany.
Smile

My car, Aug. 4th, 1955 / an early 56: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=610438
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: