Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1969 Baja build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BryceSegatto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja build Reply with quote

Hey guys this build is NOT over. I'm currently deployed over seas in the Army right now and I'm going to get the bug towed to Colorado where I'm stationed from AZ. Once it's there it's going in a storage unit and being put together by me and my friend. I'm a tank mechanic in the army so the builds going to be easier. I get back in October so stay tuned!
Bad_chopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja build Reply with quote

awesome to here, I was a 63a as well, stationed at fort Carson. I enjoyed that area, lots to do. have fun while your their. looking forward to seeing progress.
Bad_chopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja build Reply with quote

Hey man, hope your deployment went well, Been reading threw some old post. came across this one. looks like your year ought to be coming to an end. let us know whats going on and if your ok.

hope it went good.
BryceSegatto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja build Reply with quote

Doing good all!

I started on the front end today and it’s kind of weird working on the bug again!

I have a few questions on the bug.

On the front end I’m using a conversion beam. The frame head is 1969 and since I’m going to off-road with it everyone raves about king pin beams because they are stronger. I bought a conversion beam which most of you may know about from previous posts. No I know I need the following...

King pin
Link pins
Trailing arms
Spindle
Bushings
Spring plates
Tie rods

Okay please correct me if I’m missing anything and also my question is. Can I use ball joint brake accessories? By this I mean can I take the brake shoes, boosters, hardware the whooooole brake assembly and use it on a king pin beam? Or do I need to order other brake parts?
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja build Reply with quote

Bryce...

You GOT a CONVERSION BEAM...Use some sense. You will now use ALL linkpin components.

Torsion leaves...Arms...spindles...bearings...seals...drums...

Backing plates will depend on which spindles you get...some combo link spindles use Super Beetle, some use ball joint...shoes and other brake parts to match the backing plates.

Remember that you're building a 5-1600 and you still have to remember the rules for that class.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BryceSegatto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Baja build Reply with quote

Man it’s been a while….started off with the 69 big, rebuilt the engine, tranny, and suspensions and got a fiberglass kit for it all in high school. I had to do adult stuff and ended up selling it.

I’m in line to buy a 71 bug with no engine and I have a guy with a 68 big that has an engine, but the bug is pretty tore up. he’s willing to sell separately. Will the 68 fit onto the 71? If so, I might be back on the build. The bug I’m getting is more put together than the last one so I’m starting the project off a little farther along.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: