Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The all things Pigalle interior thread
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
macbaym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Hi, a long shot I know but i'm looking for a small amount of seat material to repair a drivers seat bolster and also a section of seat piping for the backrest. Should anyone have a spare seat cover available please get in touch
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Here's a really nice unrestored Pigalle. Not super low miles, just under 100k, but looks like it was perfectly maintained. Lots of good pictures.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-original-19...ws_static#

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
macbaym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Hi, not sure if this thread is still active but thought I'd post some pics of my fairly recently acquired 1966 Pigalle bug. All of the Pigalle interior i believe to be entirely original and in extremely good condition. The drivers seat needs a very small amount of attention and I have purchased a replacement carpet set for the few bits needed as the Pigalle rubber flooring will be staying. it's near mint apart from maybe having faded a little. I'm not sure how red the original flooring actually was when new.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dchristiansen1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

I just bought a 63 ragtop that was originally red with a red ragtop. I think I've decided to paint it pearl white and put in a red interior, but couldn't decide if red carpet would be too much red. The Pigalle interior shows me that it's not. The red ragtop canvas is probably going to be hard to find.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Weird, my used '65 bought in the early '80s had those red seat covers. The rest of the interior was the standard white/gray coloring, but that seat pattern is etched in my memory. The car was red, but the door cards were the usual 2-time gray, not red. I am guessing either the seats were exchanged, or just recovered with what may have been an easily available color at the time.
VeeDee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

All pigalle cars from the Wolfsburg factory had the steering wheel, column, shifter and so on in grey-black.

But different factorys, different versions.

Karmann in Osnabrück made some convertibles with red steering wheels and columns, equivalent to the Ghias. I also know cars with complete blue or brown interiors, and some sedans made in Wolfsburg in the "Halle 18" (prototype workshop) got their steering wheels and other parts colored. These cars are "special order" for "special customers" or Volkswagen managers, the Volkswagen Design or special events like car shows. This was not only done for 66 models, you always can find pictures from earlier cars and 67.

I had my own 67 sedan fitted with parts in "moro", a light brown tone, for a "gazelle" cloth interior, and found new and used parts in this color on german swap meets.

VeeDee
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

I’m building a pearl white pigalle ‘66 now, I’ll have to post some pictures soon. I even have the original floor mats, but they’ve faded a bit to almost a burgundy color. I’m going to redo the interior, so I have some original rear panels if anyone is looking for just the rear ones.
dodgerodder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

vwbeck3 wrote:
Dyed my floor mats For my 66 Pigalle Bug.
I was surprised how nice that came out.

Wow you interior looks GREAT!!! Love it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Super job, congrats !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Nice... Cool

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Wow that looks nice! Shocked
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Damn, that looks killer!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbeck3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Dyed my floor mats For my 66 Pigalle Bug.
I was surprised how nice that came out.

fla2smoker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

I never did have any luck with finding someone to mix the Glasurit code I found. I forgot to share it, so here it is for anyone who wants to try:

Line 68 (industrial line)

Line 22

russ c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

No I have a 66 pearl white with pigalle interior. I hunted down nice original pigalle door cards but I have a cheap carpet replacement. I would like to get my floors as close to original as possible.
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

russ c wrote:
We’re there actual carpets or just vinyl?Does anybody reproduce the tunnel mat or are people just painting the gray ones. Thx

Carpet was red and is available (see first post).
Red tunnel rubber is not currently available. Dye info. in the first post as well.

russ c, are you going to start a build thread? Very Happy

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
russ c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

We’re there actual carpets or just vinyl?Does anybody reproduce the tunnel mat or are people just painting the gray ones. Thx
Murdlem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

I am in the process of purchasing an original set of seats.

I also came across a set of interior panels and kickers. They are a bit hammered, but usable. I will try and pick those up as well.

Check out my blog. https://vwlifenet.wordpress.com/
Pepto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

How is your progress coming along? I just bought a white 66 sunroof pigalle bug, and was wondering if there is supposed to be carpet under the rubber mat? My car has neither. Thanks!

quote="Bala"]
fla2smoker wrote:
I was removing the old seat covers off my rear seat and noticed that the paint on the frame was pristine. I called one of our local paint supply stores and they have a camera system to match paint. So I am going to take the seat frame over there in the next couple of weeks and have them mix up some PPG to match. I also just on a whim went back to the Glasurit site and did a search for SL652 and L652. I actually got a hit this time for L652 Scarlet Red 1966-67 VW. It is available in two paint lines. Line 22 and Line 68. Interestingly Line 68 is an industrial paint and shows codes for mixes of semi-gloss, satin, etc. so I have printed that out and will take it to the paint store as well to see if they can mix it. Will post the results and codes when I try them out.

That is awesome!
I'm getting ready to start my seat restoration before long, so I'm anxious to see what you find.[/quote]
h~moto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The all things Pigalle interior thread Reply with quote

Quote:
All 1966 deluxe type 1 cars with black or pearl white exterior came with pigalle red vinyl interiors.

FYI. On pearl white 1966 Beetles with the cloth seat option (teak), the seat frames, door panels, floor mats and rear kick panels were brown in color.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: