Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas?
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbr1981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

just wondering if anyone knows if they are the same as beetle ghia etc.
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

They are the same. All the front steering and brake part are type one. The rear is type 3 if the transaxle came with the car from Brazil. A few of them were sold without tranaxle and motor in the US to get the kit car qualifications.
Cbr1981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

Ok thank you for info. So type one means a specific year of beetles?
Cbr1981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

my car is from brazil to canada

not sure if it was full kit or not I think the canada cars came here complete.

I did research on type 1 so loks like beetle parts

i went to cip1 and looks like

2 front options. so i guess option 4 is for me since I have disc brakes from factory.

https://www.cip1.ca/searchresults.asp?cat=1094
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

Cbr1981 wrote:
2 front options. so i guess option 4 is for me since I have disc brakes from factory.

https://www.cip1.ca/searchresults.asp?cat=1094

Thats the one I would get.

Being you r in Canada I would say that your car was shipped complete, so the rear will be type 3 if it is still original.
Cbr1981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

Thanks for info ps can you tell me how you know this info . Is there some book out there I can read up on? Or is it from your own car learning ?
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

Well, both. I have a 84 GTC. You can get a lot of info on Pumagte.com and the VW PUMA PAGE http://wj2d.100megsdns.com/home.html.
Your car is built on a VW Brazila platform which was the same pan configuration as a Karman Ghia. The Brazila was a Brazil market only by VW.

You need to post a picture or two of you car.

Here is my current thread on The Samba, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=615260
Cbr1981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

oh yes very nice

I did try to join forums but never got my password conformation after months of trying

here is my car
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1462564.jpg
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

Very nice. Mine is also yellow with tan convertible top.
Cbr1981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

saw your link and Like it alot.

is there a site to search our vin numbers to decode etc?
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

You may find something in one of the Brazilian sites. In the US VINs were issued by individual states and don't conform to normal VIN setup. Always a fun trip to the DMV. Laughing Laughing
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for brake flex lines for my 1981 puma any ideas? Reply with quote

Cbr1981 wrote:
oh yes very nice

I did try to join forums but never got my password conformation after months of trying

The owner of the PUMAGTE site sold his car and was looking for someone to take over the site so he probably isn't monitoting it real close. Brandon is the administer http://www.pumagte.com/phpbb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3
You might send him an email about joining the site. That's what I ended up doing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: