Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GearHeadKeith - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: GearHeadKeith
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 31, 2024
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a clutch tube repair middle mount from Keith Gilbert It looks well made and comes with very good instructions on how to install it. I believe it will be a very good permanent repair for a loose or broken clutch tube. Thanks, Bill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Keith was great to deal with, quick to respond to email and charges fair prices.

Will buy from again.

Thanks!

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigworm0860
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered the Pedal Actuated Brake Light Switch for my '67 Ghia. Keith quickly responded to my emails and shipped the switch right away. I was very satisfied with the quality of the parts and the step-by-step instructions were exact.

I was at my wits end with those hydraulic switches and Keith's setup solved my brake light problems immediately.

I highly recommend Keith's services and his products.

Thanks,

Ray
'57 Oval Ragtop
'67 Ghia Coupe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
prolewicz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

The Pedal Activated Switch is the cheapest insurance policy that you can get for your car! Great quality and the install in my '78 SB was easy. Keith shipped fast and was very helpful with any questions that I had.

Pete
Mini's 63 Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased the pedal activated brake light switch for my '63 beetle. The switch was a very simple install, response was so quick, and Keith was helpful throughout the entire process. Solved all my problems.

I would highly recommend Keith and his products.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scott65Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased pedal assembly switch. So far so good.Good communication with seller.
earlsnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

This pedal activated brake light switch is fantastic!
vdubin71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Keith was a pleasure to deal with. I had a bunch of questions before purchasing the brake light switch and he answered them all quickly and with very clear explanations. Once I got the switch, I had a question about the install on a Saturday morning and Keith got back to me promptly and the installation was very straight forward. The brake light switch works great and I look forward to doing business with Keith again.
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased the Pedal Activated Brake Light switch from Keith.

I had a few questions and he was very helpful to answer everything I had.

Kit is top-notch with accurate and easy to read install instructions.

I feel 100% safer now that my brake lights activate within 1/4" of pedal travel.

Thank you Keith!

Red 1966 Beetle Thread
1966 Ghia (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Brake switch is an excellent product, easy to install, and it greatly enhances safety.

Bug On!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am very pleased with the quality of this product. Shipping was very quick. I installed it on my ‘60 bug. It works fine with the 6 volt system and LED rear lights. Now the car has instant brake lights.
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered two brake light switches from Keith. Came quick and great quality. Thanks Keith.
joel.truher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just finished installing a kit as part of a total brake overhaul, it works great! Painting the bracket took most of the time, the install itself took a few minutes, and I was happy with how easy it was to precisely adjust.
jsclarkfl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought the brake light switch kit and am very impressed. Well made, all the parts you need (including extra connectors for the crimping-impaired), works like a charm. Clear instructions and speedy replies from Keith. Great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Keith is a great seller. Quick, efficient communication. Shipping was quick and items packed well.

Items were precisely as described.

Would do business with Keith again, anytime.
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Keith's brake switches are fantastic, as is his quickness to ship and reply to questions. These are far and away safer than hydraulic activated switches and in my opinion a must for '58 and up Type I owners.
Jerry74SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

I cannot say enough good things about Keith or the products he offers!
I purchased the Fast Brake Light kit (what a GREAT product!) and I really had no idea what I was doing. The instructions sent with the kit were clear and easy to follow, but I still messed up because of some assumptions on my part.
But Keith is amazing to work with, because he helped answer all of my questions and even worked with me through my issues (not-related to the kit installation).
The price is REALLY nice. The quick and friendly (and patient) communication was so helpful! I will be buying from Keith again!
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Picked up the brake switch. This product is an excellent price and great quality. My lights now light up instantly and I still have the pressure switches as back up.

Just some notes about installation on my 69 Beetle:

I’m finding the 69 is a bit obnoxious to deal with electricaly as they didn’t release a proper wiring diagram for it (at least not in the Bentley) so you just got to figure things out using the previous diagram and invesigation. And as a disclaimer I am not sure how much modification the PO has done to my wiring so take my experience with a grain of salt.

The point where the instructions say to combine the two wires at a T3 connector going to the front left blinker. I had no T3 connectors, but the instructions were correct in combining the wire to the black with red tracer wire, however, it was on a T1 connector and went down to the master cylinder (to the switches).

I connected the other wire to fuse #2.

The only complaint I would have is that it was hard to see where they wanted you to route the wires in the cab but I found a way that works for me.

Thank you for this much needed safety item for our cars, at an incredible price!
205T (Bill)
thewreckingsoul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wanted to make sure I left a review for the Pedal Activated switch. I have a 68 beetle with discs up front and drums in the rear. My stop lights were not functioning normally when the brake pedal was depressed. I installed a 10 lb. residual pressure valve in the rear brake circuit and it did help eliminate the spongy brake pedal but the stop lights were still not working unless a lot of pressure was used. I decided to go with the pedal activated switch since I just wanted a quick fix and it worked wonderfully! I just installed yesterday and it works as expected. The instructions are great!

However, as the previous post mentions regarding install on a 69 beetle, the T3 connector isn't the correct terminal for the stop lights on the 68 beetle. It is actually a T1 connector with a black and red wire that then goes through the body and to the rear. I hooked up the black wire to switched ignition and spliced the red wire to the black and red wire on the side that comes from the brake switches and everything works well! No big deal, just had to look through a few schematics before I could locate the right wire.

Definitely recommend this product, even if it is just for insurance as it is meant to work in conjunction with the brake switches.

I'll be purchasing another kit for the Ghia, as well.
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: GearHeadKeith - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered another kit (my 2nd one) from Keith. Always a pleasure to work with!

Red 1966 Beetle Thread
1966 Ghia (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: