Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Inverter/charger options with remote controls or panel mount
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Inverter/charger options with remote controls or panel mount Reply with quote

Forgive me, you are correct. I read your post wrong. Still, please perform the test and report the results--now everyone wants to see the proof in the pudding. That is the least we can do--test and report.

kourt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Inverter/charger options with remote controls or panel mount Reply with quote

For now, I can measure the voltage drop of the aux during starting. I will eventually have a shunt attached and will measure the current during starting.

In the mean time, I'm trying to figure out why my AGM resting voltage is 13.1. Most internet sources report the resting voltage should be around 12.8. The Yandina is sitting there clicking away all day connecting and disconnecting the batteries.
68kmgvert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Inverter/charger options with remote controls or panel mount Reply with quote

Hi All,
I see this thread has been dormant a while. I’m looking to add a charger to my Westy that will allow me to use shore power to top up my house and starter batteries and to use 110 power directly when connected via a stand alone plug and my existing 110 socket. I’d like it to monitor and maintain the two batteries and show their status. I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t need an inverter and don’t currently have plans to add solar as we use very little power and only 12v appliances. Any current advice would be appreciate.
Thanks!
2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: