Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

so soon?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Not supposed to use blue or red lite, those are for emergency vehicles. I have always been a rebel Twisted Evil Things have changed tho, turns out I am now the good son Shocked My brother is in his second visit to the gray bar motel, my sister went to school on the other side of the state and never came back, and I bought a house less than 2 miles from my mom. d'oh!
Third
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Back when LEDs were all the rage on Harleys and custom bikes, I vaguely recall that (at least in TX) blue could still be used as long as it wasn't view-able from the front. But I'd have to look it up to be certain...

I only remember because I too always thought blue and red were off-limits from any direction.
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Just ne careful with blue LEDs the wavelength of light is only slightly off UltraViolet spectrum, and over exposure can cause eye damage.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Seats/belts in. cv's packed and installed. Need real nuts and bolts for the grab bar. Need to adjust clutch slave some more.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Part of the deal with my buddy was I put his name on it somewhere.
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

so soon? turns into so nice!

I wish I had your patience. I wish that some day my rail looks as detail oriented as yours. But the reality is as soon as it functions safely again, I'll be out tearing up the trails and roads and sand. So I'll just look at yours and play with mine. Cars that is.

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Mine is a 5 to 10 footer. Have you ever noticed that set of wheels on cl always looks better than the pos you see in front of you?
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

You're selling yourself short... but that's fine by me. Got a fuel pump, filter and injection line today but I'm locked out of my shop... some day I'll get the key from the inlaws and not have to rely on the code Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

pullstart wrote:
You're selling yourself short... but that's fine by me. Got a fuel pump, filter and injection line today but I'm locked out of my shop... some day I'll get the key from the inlaws and not have to rely on the code Confused

Yeah, he is humble about the awesomeness that he has built.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Aw, shucks Embarassed Almost feel bad about reporting the need to pull the engine and find the clutch dysfunction. Found a place to stick his name. Got the cage cleaned and primed.

One last thing I want to do. My daughter, the muscian/arteest did a rough sketch. He needs to be a little more buff, and needs a anchor tat on the opposite fore arm. Want to put it on a roof panel and cleat coat it.
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

looks great!

cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Don't know what was wrong with the release bearing. Pulled the engine and everything looked ok. Put engine back in and it worked. With frame off of the jack stands, it is a tight fit.

Put the cage on after getting home from watching the eclipse.

Next issue is the exhaust fitment changed after removing and painting. Winter project will be removing exhaust, cutting above collector, rotating to the rear, and adding a 02 bung. Turns out my kid has a afr gauge and sensor.

Up next.
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:

Your crest looks like it took a couple good blows in battle.

Before you install the floor you should have a blown up smurf sketch wrapped onto it.

cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Progressive it is. Will give 10k full coverage. Will see about a safety inspection without a floorpan, not discussed in the safety inspectors handbook.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Mo safety inspection complete.
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Great news! Looks like better than a 10 footer to me, you should be proud. Cheers!

cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

My kid's boss lady came out to the shop and said it looked nice and do I want to trade? In a moment of weakness I spouted out-dodge, diesel, 4x4, dually, long bed, 4 door, with less than 150k miles. She said, we have some of those Shocked A couple times a week my kid drives home a truck they have picked up at auction. It's like a parade of trucks I can't afford after they are put on the lot.
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

meaning.... they'd just sell it? well, I bet you know my vote, if it gives you any strength

dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

^^^^^
X2

Include your man hours to build when considering it's trade value. Include in that your parts chasing, research, design and planning time, etc.... And that portion of your soul invested into it.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

Yesterday was productive. Passenger grab bar and side mirrors on. Cranked up spring plates,need a level spot to get both sides evened out. Swapped 52 for some 60 idle jets, the engine really liked that. Floor pans painted, and bed floor installed. Going to call for insurance and hit the dmv today. Still need 4 wheel alignment.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: so soon? Reply with quote

STREET LEGAL AGAIN Very Happy Cool Applause Dancing Now where is that drunk :2gunfire: :snipersmile: :fist:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: