Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to clean your Buses seats
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

watch and learn .. any tips or comments appreciated

Link

Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: how to clean your busses seats Reply with quote

My comment is that I have learned how not to make a tutorial video.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
captincanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Didn't think a video could make me want to puke faster than the blair witch project did, but you did it. Sick
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

I appreciate the effort, but this could be the worst video in the history of videos.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/thread]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

So there is no sound because Youtube muted it due to copyright on a song you have in it?

And its dark, and the camera quality is poor.

But an A for effort Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

This series of videos . . . . Rolling Eyes
hoagy86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

I know right I thought this stuff would get locked. The idletheorybus gets locked but all of these "how to" should be "what not to" get nothing and new bus people might take these serious Confused
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

hoagy86 wrote:
I know right I thought this stuff would get locked. The idletheorybus gets locked but all of these "how to" should be "what not to" get nothing and new bus people might take these serious Confused

It should be posted in his build thread anyway.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

I would've thought a seat was killed in the making of this video from some of the previous post. Seat looks a lot better than when you started. Is that the Bissell SpotClean Pro? Sucks that you lost the audio. I wonder if you can edit in some text.
Thanks for sharing
Tcash
Chochobeef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Just don't play any stupid music when doing your videos. No matter how bad they are, your music choice will most certainly make them worse.
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:

Well this thread has inspired me, as in asiab3 posting the Magic Eraser box.

I have vinyl leatherette seats, and use Autoglym vinyl and leather cleaner, but have never been totally happy with the results.

It never crossed my mind to use a Magic Eraser (melamine foam sponge which is a clever abrasive), but it makes total sense to give it a try. Thanks asiab3. And thanks to vwuguy for creating this topic and making it all happen! Smile
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Somewhere I'll find pictures I took before and after the magic eraser. They're seriously amazing for cleaning my WHITE upholstery. Now to wring the neck of the guy who decided on WHITE upholstery.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Just when I thought these videos couldn't get any worse....but they did. Laughing
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

71whitewesty wrote:
Just when I thought these videos couldn't get any worse....but they did. Laughing

Folex is an amazing cleaner I suggest everyone keep a bottle of this. Its great on carpet, clothing, canvas etc. trust me it's the goods.

I believe this guys "Mystery Stain" could also be called "Evidence" Shocked

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
LivinInnaVWBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:
This series of videos . . . . Rolling Eyes

Yup.
DenverB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

You can pretty much knock them out with a steamer, vinyl cleaner from mcguiars and a microfiber cleaning rag (or ten).

Steamer is key.
'84 Vanagon Westfalia (Pink Flamingo - Pastel White/Pink)
'88 Vanagon GL Westfalia (Frankie Says - Wolfram Gray)
'02 Eurovan Weekender (Green Apple)
'95-'03 Eurovan full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'84 -'91 Vanagon full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'72 Porsche 914 (Greta - RIP)

www.RockyMountainCampervans.com
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

chimneyfish wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

I have vinyl leatherette seats, and use Autoglym vinyl and leather cleaner, but have never been totally happy with the results.

It never crossed my mind to use a Magic Eraser (melamine foam sponge which is a clever abrasive), but it makes total sense to give it a try. Thanks asiab3. And thanks to vwuguy for creating this topic and making it all happen! Smile

Magic erasers are AMAZING on leatherette!! I did the inside of my Subaru Forester that was left in a barn with the windows down for 3 years before I got it ( engine was bad ), needless to say, the interior was nasty!!!! I seriously thought I was going to have to get an entire interior from the junkyard. Only took a few boxes of magic erasers and it looks like new again!

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Great tip about the Magic Eraser - I'll have to try that.

I can just see my dear wife asking me where all her Magic Erasers are going...
panic_fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How to clean your Buses seats Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
chimneyfish wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

Magic erasers are AMAZING on leatherette!! I did the inside of my Subaru Forester that was left in a barn with the windows down for 3 years before I got it ( engine was bad ), needless to say, the interior was nasty!!!! I seriously thought I was going to have to get an entire interior from the junkyard. Only took a few boxes of magic erasers and it looks like new again!

Just curious, you guys used these on the black leatherette seats? I have a white film on the backs of my seats. Been looking for a good cleaner that is safe for them.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291988&highlight=

"Still learnin the way around my VW bay"
Teal Bay Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: