Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

cdollar wrote:
peaceful warrior wrote:
Thanks for sharing the photos. Sorry I missed out again this year. Should be good for another trip in a few weeks.
Sorry to hear about the smoke bothering Manfred. That was a huge fire up there. We had our own small one that kept me indoors a few days.
Finally making some of my own headway on the Syncro. Have a few more parts to order but going to wait until I get the flywheel off tomorrow.

How about a cooler weather trip like in 2012, September or next year in the Spring?

Hey Brian. Glad your getting that synchro whipped into shape! We missed you on this one, but there will be more.

Cooler trips are great. Around here fall is really the best... all the roads are closed in Spring till late May. But this year we're out on any CO fall trip. We're actually taking the bus up through the Tetons, Yellowstone NP, and Glacier NP for 3 weeks starting the 2nd week of September Very Happy I've never been to WY, MT or ID before so this will be all new territory. I'm stoked!

But thats not to say you or anyone else couldn't coordinate a fall trip. I love these mountains that time of year. All any of these trips take is someone to organize them... If you plan it, they will come!

Right on Chris. The Syncro is now turning into the Murphy's Law job! Replacing all of the cooling system and going to drop the tank to reseal it. I may be down this whole season, sad to say! Plus my wallet is getting really, really thin! Laughing

BTW, I am not up for traveling those FS roads without you, bro! You know them well and if I go on my own, I won't be found for weeks. Laughing
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdollar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Laura and I took the bus us around this area last weekend and... LOTS of snow! The roads had just opened up, and most were passable. Its the most snow I've seen up there at this time in June in 10 years.

Here's the spot where we camp up at Elwood Pass (11K feet elevation). You can see the huge snow drift blocking it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This if on the back side of the Elwood flats, where the 4x4 road down the pass comes in.

And these last ones are about 100 yards away from the turn off to the spur road the goes up Grayback Mtn. That spur road still had drifts across it, so no drive to the top on this trip. This is @ just shy of 12K feet elevation.

camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

WOW I heard that area got a great deal more than normal this last winter.
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mountain Haus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Great Pics Chris, thats a lot of snow! My family and I are super excited for this year, we are counting the days to August. See ya soon!

1978 Dakota Beige Westy
1964 Euro "S" Variant
1972 Tin Top 9 Passenger Deluxe
1978 Honda CT90
1978-ish Chrysler Snorunner
and usually a couple of stragglers...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Great teaser shots!
cdollar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Thanks! We're really looking forward to this years trip, too! Can't wait!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: