Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Transporting the body not on the pan
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nic_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Transporting the body not on the pan Reply with quote

I need to transport my body to get a few repairs, then blasted and painted. Everything is apart and stripped - except the doors are still on (no glass etc. in though).

Is there a good way to transport the body without putting it back on the pan? I could put it on the pan, but given the pan is wonderful and perfect and shiny this would be asking for trouble. (also I don't have a seal, and sort of need to do this in the next few days).
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Transporting the body not on the pan Reply with quote

I moved a 62 bug body, just the body no fenders/panels in the back of my Silverado long bed truck. fit in the bed fine. not ideal to move but it worked. I would rather build a a body dolly and use a trailer. WAY easier.
2/59 Diamond Grey bug

Pandraggers C.C.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: