Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First aircooled 65 single cab
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

That green paint and job looks good.

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

some reassembly, complete front beam drum to drum, master cylinder, rear trailing arms, drums etc... just two more brake lines to make and I can bleed, test fit a wheel also although they are just temporary rollers

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Have to wait for an extra set of hands to install safaris and rear cab glass, waiting on an order of bits and pieces from WW to get lights and a bunch of other small crap done but it's coming along
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

safari install went smooth, still have the latches to do

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

struggled with these hinge seals last night, no matter how hard I tried I could not get it to sit flush with the treasure chest lid

BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Those seals are so persnickety. It's like you have to get the hinge screws almost crimping then climb inside and plier the rubber inward as you final tighten but not too much. Plus the whole time the hinge screw plate is moving.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Yes that is precisely what is happening... probably explains why I hardly ever see them used!

I had to walk away from it last night.... as I got more frustrated I was getting more careless and we all know what happens after that.

BarryL wrote:
Those seals are so persnickety. It's like you have to get the hinge screws almost crimping then climb inside and plier the rubber inward as you final tighten but not too much. Plus the whole time the hinge screw plate is moving.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

original rear glass roped back in, going to take apart the front door frames and send them out for paint soon

ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

a lot of long nights to get to this point but she's back on the ground after at least three years!

oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Looks great!! Applause
Huetti_1989
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
original rear glass roped back in, going to take apart the front door frames and send them out for paint soon

good work! that SC looks clean!

Did your rear window also goes in that hard?

-Christian
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=757182
My 1954 Deutsche Bundespost Barndoor:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=621802
My 1961 SO34 Flipseat Westfalia:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=716285
My 1991 Westfalia California:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650751
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Thanks man!!

It took a good amount of pressure on the glass from the outside but nothing out of ordinary compared to any other glass I've roped. Had an extra person helping pull the cord while I applied pressure.
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

It looks beautiful, well done, well - done!
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Haven't had much time to update this thread since I moved again and have had a ton of house projects and other stuff to do but here's what I've been working on-

OG script I found and installed

One of the aluminum grab handles from aircooled accessories, really nice piece!

Had a freind paint my OG commercial steering wheel

Set of headlights I cobbled together from about 5 sets

Random shot of it at my new house

Currently working on door window seals then gates will be last.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Thank you! It's not perfect but should make a great driver!

1970PAKombi wrote:
It looks beautiful, well done, well - done!
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Looks great! Love that super clean garage. How about a shot of the new house?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

forgot to post this random shot underneath

Better shot the garage, looks larger than it is (24x32) but I'm trying to keep it sparse. Makes working on stuff so much easier.

I'll post a picture of the house later, just your average rancher but enough for me and the dog.
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:

That's a great shot. My wife and I are planning to build a new house, and I'm pushing for at least 40x24, but 32x24 might be sufficient.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

I'd love to build one day, push for that 40x24! I've been spoiled for a couple years by having both a home garage and a shop that I rented where my lifts were but it's been nice having everything under one roof here at the house. I think the key is keeping your parts and unnecessary stuff in a separate area, I have a little shed where my parts and junk reside but I've also parsed down a lot since moving (twice) in the past two years.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

I've had an empty spare bedroom that's been turned into my window seal laboratory

Got the vent wing seals done last night, ordered the vent glass to frame seals from Greg at Vintage Warehouse. Can't say enough good things about him, top notch service!

peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
I've had an empty spare bedroom that's been turned into my window seal laboratory

Got the vent wing seals done last night, ordered the vent glass to frame seals from Greg at Vintage Warehouse. Can't say enough good things about him, top notch service!

I love it! Yep, I got my seals from Greg as well. Now if you know where to find the two channel felts, I’d be interested. I can’t find those anywhere. Ronnie hasn’t gotten any in, and doesn’t know when they will be coming in. I definitely need to corral all my parts into one area. Right now, they’re in 3 or 4 different states.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: