Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TCASH
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: TCASH Reply with quote

dude..seriously, could you stop locking all of these threads? not every rust repair question needs to go in the sheet metal thread....it will end up an abortion just like the "lower my bus" thread has no useful info in it because people put their build threads in it.

thread in question

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=648430

you have locked just about every thread that poor guy has put up Confused

if you haven't noticed, a lot of regulars here just aren't posting anymore because the forum is a shit show.

just chill out on the lock button...please

skillz

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

IBTL

/snickers..

maybe he needs a snickers?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by danfromsyr on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
it will end up an abortion just like the "lower my bus" thread has no useful info in it

Or the tire sticky, which has a bunch of useful information buried in it's 158 pages .. that most people won't bother reading through because they have a "simple" question and the sticky is so long.

I get what you're doing, I respect what you're trying to accomplish. That said, IMHO you're overly aggressive in how you're going about it.

My 0,02€
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

...dude..seriously, could you stop locking all of these threads...
just chill out on the lock button...please...

skillz

I agree with the idea here; it's useful to consolidate threads to a point and I do appreciate TCASH's work to keep the forum clean, but its pretty discouraging to see multiple locked threads every day out that never have the chance to evolve into their own useful threads. Maybe just give some of these posters more time to see how everyone responds to it?
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

IBTL, he can do how he pleases. He is a mod. Honestly though, some of the repetition and poorly written post deserve to be deleted or locked.

HOWEVER, it stagnates the forum and lack of new threads and conversation deters people from posting or even logging in.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

khalimadeath wrote:
IBTL, he can do how he pleases. He is a mod.

Not true.

The moderators do listen to constructive criticism. We might not take the advice, but we do listen. Please be constructive and not abusive. We have very thin skins.

Moderators do discuss many topics and take advice from other moderators.

Finally, Everett (or Jen) is the ultimate decision maker.

BTW...
Quote:
DON'T post messages asking why something was removed, ask a moderator or the admin (EverettB).

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Peabody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

Wait for it....thread locked. Twisted Evil

There's some threads that have been completely removed so those of you who were locked consider yourself lucky your words are still here.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
'74 Westy (parts)
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

My .02, in the rocker panel thread. Tcash locked it. He moved the question to the repair panel thread but did not move answers to the same. This has happened numerous times before, moved the question to appropriate thread but not the repelies. Those replies/answer will now get lost as the locked thread gets buried.

Lock and load!!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

Let's wait for him to see this. It's his decision to unlock it and respond or remove it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
it will end up an abortion just like the "lower my bus" thread has no useful info in it

Or the tire sticky, which has a bunch of useful information buried in it's 158 pages .. that most people won't bother reading through because they have a "simple" question and the sticky is so long.

I get what you're doing, I respect what you're trying to accomplish. That said, IMHO you're overly aggressive in how you're going about it.

My 0,02€

I thought I should respond to this because I saw this locked thread.

The purpose of a lot of the Sticky threads are usually 2-fold:
1. Consolidate information in a single place for people to reference and hopefully read and search for, in one dedicated place.
2. Keep all questions about a particular topic in one place so it can easily be found or referenced.

For #2 it doesn't matter if it has 158 pages, post in there because there are people who "watch" the Sticky threads and like to help people out in there, even if it's a duplicate question that has already been covered in the thread. At least if it's covered they can say "We just talked about that 2 pages back, go look and come back with any new questions"

That said, I personally let stuff go sometimes depending on the content and if it already has a ton of specific replies before I see it.
It's up to the particular moderator though.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TCASH Reply with quote

Probably bad timing. Because the Search engine is down.
But my thoughts on having one Topic are as follows.

Let me use the "Lowering a Bay" thread as an example.
It is 219 pages long.
Let's say the average question and answer is 2 pages long.
This Topic would generate 109.5 Threads.
In order to search this subject. In this case.
You would have to open 109 threads and Search the topic in each and every thread.

With one Topic. You open one Thread and do a "Search this topic"
All post related to your search will pop up.

Put another way it is easier to search one box than to have to open and search 109 boxes.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely
Tcash
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: