Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Floor mat suggestions?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeamRandolph5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

Just got my 2003 weekender and would like suggestions for your favorite floor mats. Would like rubber for front I think ( most durable, easiest to clean). As for the rear cab, do you prefer a rubber mat, if so where to get? Or is there a carpet that fits the floor plan? Thanks!!!
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

Eurocampers is one of a few different vendors that sells the VW rubber mats as well as the Lloyds mats. I just found a VW T4 factory rubber front cargo mat from Germany. I will be offering the VW rubber mats I currently have in the classifieds on the Samba soon. Otherwise, you can get them new here:
http://www.eurocampers.com/EuroVan-Interior-Accessories_c_24.html

Bill
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

I have the rubber ones from Eurocampers (mine are black). All three of them (front, middle and back). They have been in my van since 2003 and have held up to a beating. They hold lots of water, mud and spilled coffee. They are easily cleaned by a big wheel brush and simple green out on the driveway with a hose or a power washer. They literally look like brand new today and the carpet under them looks like brand new.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

Couple of thoughts on these.

The fronts don't seem to fit perfectly with the cup holder. They were apparently designed for vans without the cup holder.

The rear mats get in the way of the table and bed function.
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

They must have changed the design and pattern because the ones I have work and fit perfect on my 2003 Weekender. They don't catch on anything and fit really nice around the cup holder. I even bought them from Eurocampers. Maybe a call to them and see if they went with some different vender as opposed to back in 2003.
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

Which ones do you have? Lloyds or VW? Cole is talking about the VW ones not fitting perfect with the cup holders. - Bill
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

I have the Lloyds (single piece front, middle and rear). At the time VW only had the front mats and I needed mats to cover everything.

One thing I do remember when I bought them was that they did smell. It was from whatever resin they use in them. So, I let them sit out for a while and washed them before I put them in.
Itsamoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

My favourite subject!

I have the Lloyds mats in one of my vans and I loath them. They certainly do the job of what a floor mat should - but they feel light duty.

On another van -- it has the OEM fabric mats and they are in disgusting condition (thanks original owner). These are simply for dry conditions - as they were used all year they have allowed water to drain through them and have totally soiled the cab carpet.

What I really want is a good set of Monster mats like I've had in other VW's. Too bad there aren't any. So instead I've ordered a set of the "OEM" rubber mats -- and hopefully that will be a good solution even if the fit is a bit tight.

If you're stateside, $59 is a good deal for them at ECS Tuning. Free shipping in the states! LINK: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Eurovan_T4--VR6_24v/Interior/Floor_Mats/ES404225/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What I think would be the ultimate solution is to fit the rubber cab floor from a commercial transporter model in place of the carpet. These seem to last forever but lack some of the underlay insulation - so perhaps a bit noiser and cooler.

wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

That's what I just purchased from an eBay seller out of Germany. The box arrived last night and I haven't had a chance to open it up yet. I've installed the Vanagon version of these mats a few times now and the last set I used a sound deadening insulation under the mats.

Bill

Itsamoto wrote:
My favourite subject!
What I think would be the ultimate solution is to fit the rubber cab floor from a commercial transporter model in place of the carpet. These seem to last forever but lack some of the underlay insulation - so perhaps a bit noiser and cooler.

jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

As for the Lloyd mats, I've had them for 13 years and have beat the living pulp out of them hauling everything from car parts, lumber, mulch, gravel, bricks and lots of other things. My boys have not managed to do them in (which is a true testimony to the quality of the product). There is not one tear in them and when clean, look as good as new. At this point, they are going to outlast the van.

When we go skiing, to the beach or camping, the van comes back a complete dirty mess. I can pull the mats out and clean them quickly. Hang them on the fence and then let them dry. Put them back in and the van is ready to go. They really hold the dirt and water in those dimples. It keeps all of that stuff from rolling off the edge and into the carpet underneath.
boostin20v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

Anyone have a picture of the Lloyd mat's fitment? I'm curious how much is exposed around the mat edge and the carpeting they're covering. I'm looking at the one piece front mat and the mat for the weekender without the jump seat (hope to modify it to use with the jump seat too)
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

I have the OEM rubber mats up front. As @Xtremjeepn notes, they don't fit w/the center cupholder/"console" that's up front in the later-model MV Weekenders. I'd like to buy a different set that fits better, but is of similar high quality to OEM ones. Looking at maybe getting a pair of Lloyd mats, but am very open to other options if anyone knows of something else.

@jjvincent, are these the style you have? (i.e. mat in the "Rubbertite" line):

@Itsamoto, are the Lloyd mats that you loathe this style above, some other style of rubber, or fabric mats? (Lloyd apparently makes quite a few different kinds of fabric mats).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Itsamoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

Yes the mats are that Rubbertite material.

Looking at what I wrote about them -- and having pulled them out -- they are a good thickness (durable) - but I just wish the managed the water better. They have no edge around them so they just don't cut it for my use in winter with the amount of snow I track in on my boots.

Available new for $60 (shipped) from Eurocampers -- thats a good deal. Mine are available/free for anybody who wants them - just contact me.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

@Itsamoto, just PM'd you. Wink

I'm curious: what do you have now? Did you find rubber mats you like?

I'd also be interested in seeing the Monster mats that you like (in any vehicle). I'm wondering how thick they are, and what the design pattern looks like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Itsamoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

I ended up using the black rubber OEM ones shown above. They're good but not perfect -- they don't clip down (and stay) as well as the mats in my other VWs and they do interfere with lousy cupholder console (I just tucked it under it).

As for monster mats (you can google VW monster mats) -- these are model specific and VW clip down points but are much deeper grooved/channelled than anything I've found actually designed for the Eurovan. I've had them in my other 2000-era VW's (Passat wagon, Jetta wagon and sedan) - and they are great in the winter time. No such mat for the Eurovan, but they did make them for the T5 (grrr!!).

A bit insecure with "name of the car" molded into them - but they fit well and work great.

postjosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Floor mat suggestions? Reply with quote

i just bought floor mats for my new to me '93 eurovan with a manual transmission. i was looking for a one piece rubber mat since i don't have a console in the middle. it seems like these aren't available in the u.s. anymore so i did some searching on ebay and found a good supplier in germany.

https://www.automatten-experts.de/

their ebay store was called "automattenexperts." here's the link to what i bought:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Gummimatten-mit-Rand-fur-V...Sw-kdXzb7B

they are good basic synthetic rubber mats. the kind you would expect to see on a cargo van. the fit appears to be perfect. i have just placed them on the floor. they came with plastic screws but i don't want to put any holes in the floor. if they end up sliding around, i will try velcro.

they cost 32 euros and shipping was 40 euros for a total of $90. here's some pix:

[/url]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: