Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1968 Beetle Trunk Liner
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
houseofboyd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: 1968 Beetle Trunk Liner Reply with quote

Was going to order a trunk liner from Wolfsburg West, 36 bucks, not too bad...however, the shipping is more than the liner itself....does anybody have a pattern / dimensions for a trunk liner. Figured I could make it myself. Or maybe a cheaper place to order one from? Your input is appreciated.. Smile

My '74 SB Build On The Samba: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=609943

Our Web Site: http://www.kentuckyhotwheels.com

1968 VW Beetle
2012 Turbo VW Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andymon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle Trunk Liner Reply with quote

Yep, I ordered mine from WW and the shipping was about the cost of the liner but then I wanted it.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle Trunk Liner Reply with quote

Since your willing to make it yourself get a pile of cardboard and some scissors, and maybe some tape. Search the galleries for "trunk liner". That way you can see what the end product should look like while you cut a template out, fitting it to your own trunk

This is just one of the pictures from the search "trunk liner" in 58 and up Sedan.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle Trunk Liner Reply with quote

Just wait till you need a bunch of stuff which helps on the shipping. That is what worked for me. The Wolfsburg West trunk liner is the best for sure.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
vernonc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle Trunk Liner Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Just wait till you need a bunch of stuff which helps on the shipping. That is what worked for me. The Wolfsburg West trunk liner is the best for sure.

X2

mort

'69 sedan, low mileage, all original.....currently being 'freshened-up' for road trips and daily driving...just not every day

Freshening-up link http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617386
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle Trunk Liner Reply with quote

I keep a running list of parts I want so when I do need to order something specific I can add other stuff to the order to cut down on shipping.

I don't know how they ship these, but can we assume it can't be folded, so it takes a good sized box to fit it? That would mean it comes in a box mostly filled with air and you are charged for volume, not weight?

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: