Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Show With Thing Build
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Show With Thing Build Reply with quote

I just watched the show now I can put my 2 cents in first it was a good story and it will bring more attention to our cars , I guess Ron and I must be getting old I heard them say that it was a frame off restoration I thought that met that you removed the body from the frame you replaced or rebuilt everything on the car new wiring rebuild the frame transmission and any other thing on the car that was bad, this is how we (The Domeck Brothers ) do a frame off restoration
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Show With Thing Build Reply with quote

Yes you heard correct and yes, that is how its done. been there done that.

Reality TV obviously could use your pics
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: New Show With Thing Build Reply with quote

I haven't seen the show yet but I was invited to be on the show as someone with VW knowledge, I'm glad I couldn't work it into my schedule now.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Show With Thing Build Reply with quote

sounds like a neat opportunity that unfortunately would have most likely frustrated you during the process.

Samba reality +1 TV reality 0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Show With Thing Build Reply with quote

I bet it's already all rusted out again. Will Castro is a joke.
camfella04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Show With Thing Build Reply with quote

I saw the show last night for the first time.

I have never done a restoration job and I have a Ghia so I would never claim to know anything, however I didn't think the restoration was much different between a Ghia and a Thing when I came to doing it right.

As soon as I heard "will have to make the parts because you can't get them anymore" I should have turned it off.

Watching the engine removal made me cringe.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: