Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

one more thing, front Westy Table Mount
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
figborg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: one more thing, front Westy Table Mount Reply with quote

I posted this in the wrong thread before (sorry!) Laughing

Stephenmarklay wrote:
I put little bumper dots on the top of my front table. Each corner and then the middle as well. Then when driving I put it face down on the rear table with a strap around it. It has worked pretty well.

I do get a little rear table movement while driving and the extra weight likely does not help.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in the table leg where the tightening know hits while in the stowed position. That way it would not move at all.

This a good solution:

[quote="Perales"]
Simba'sWestyWings wrote:
main table is the one that gets in my way all the time and I just can't tighten it so it doesn't move.

Another bungee solves that problem.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EDIT: And here is the other thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...highlight=
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662374
Stephenmarklay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: one more thing, front Westy Table Mount Reply with quote

Someone mentioned that he lubed the threads of the knobs. This is an effort to reduce friction so that tightening is easier.

It works. I lubed the treads on the rear leg and I lubed the end of the the end of the knob bolt so that as it presses agains the little compression deal it spins easier.

It gets very tight with less effort.
delmar acer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: one more thing, front Westy Table Mount Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am working on replacing the front table leg and table. Since I live in Baja, Mexico, stuff is not easy to come by. But I have the tubing.
Can anyone give me some tips on where to begin the bend of the the table leg?
Any tips on how many inches from the bottom of the tube to where bend should start.

I will be ordering the table base plate after the table is made down here.

Thanks guys, Smile

Bob
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: