Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front Seat Swap (Town & Country 2nd Row)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tosimplify
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Nice!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
captincanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Don't know if I missed it, but does anyone have the wiring details for hooking up the heaters in the seats?
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

captincanuck wrote:
Don't know if I missed it, but does anyone have the wiring details for hooking up the heaters in the seats?

Sadly not possible without an expensive mopar relay setup. Few of us have tried and have not been successful. I got mine to *work* using the stock relay setup from a canadian vanagon. The seats would get hot and then hotter and then stay really effing hot no matter what the setting was on. Very dangerous as it could ultimatley burn through. I think I remember measuring the temp with an ir gun at like 128 degrees or so. So long story short i yanked the TC setup and installed an aftermarket set of seat heaters from amazon. Used it all last winter and it was great. The install was pretty straight forward and only took about an hour per seat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

So.. one small problem. I can't get to the battery, or open the driver side battery compartment with the T&C seats. Confused

Anybody else having the same issue? Mounted them using smallcar mounts. I need about an inch.

Question
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Can you not slide the seat right off? That's what I've had to do with the original (to me, not OEM) seats and the T&Cs.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

a1fa wrote:
So.. one small problem. I can't get to the battery, or open the driver side battery compartment with the T&C seats. Confused

Anybody else having the same issue? Mounted them using smallcar mounts. I need about an inch.

Question

I can access my drivers batt lid, but im using the mounts that were discussed by the PO at the beginning of this thread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
porterbrown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Anybody have recommendations for best places to find the seats? I've had zero luck on craigslist. I'm watching eBay, but they don't appear to be super common.....and the prices on eBay aren't great.

I've called local wheelchair van conversion outfits, and no luck.

Thanks for any help!
Guybrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

It used to be a cheap option, but it no longer is. EBay sellers got wise to the value it seems.
yiucycle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

i think its still cheap on CL, it just take time, got mine $90 a pair. When i was looking for mine, it took about a week or two for a listing. Also some people list the title wrong so you have to search different combination. I got quote from a dismantle shop and they want 400-500 for set and i just laugh. If you want it cheap, it will take time.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Guybrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Many places don't have a very active CL when it comes to this stuff, you might wait 2 years.

Probably time to find what else is nice and would fit well.

I've got Eurovan seats in my Vanagon personally. It's nicer than the original seats but a bit hard.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Guybrush wrote:
Many places don't have a very active CL when it comes to this stuff, you might wait 2 years.

Probably time to find what else is nice and would fit well.

I've got Eurovan seats in my Vanagon personally. It's nicer than the original seats but a bit hard.

Thats a good point. It seems the TC seat caught on enough that prices have gone up. Like anything good deals are still to be had. There has to be other good options just waiting. With that said, glad I got in on the ground floor with brand new leather seats from that ebay seller last year when prices were still reasonable. Good luck with the hunt!
captincanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

porterbrown wrote:
Anybody have recommendations for best places to find the seats? I've had zero luck on craigslist. I'm watching eBay, but they don't appear to be super common.....and the prices on eBay aren't great.

I've called local wheelchair van conversion outfits, and no luck.

Thanks for any help!

Any auto recycling places where you are? How "good" of a deal are you long for? If good used seats are an option, mine were less than $200 us for the pair. You could probably have them shpipped. Company up here is LKQ dominion auto
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Does anyone know what seat belt would work with the seat belt receiver on the chair? I got an universal seat belt from amazon, and unfortunately it didnt fit.
yiucycle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

a1fa wrote:
Does anyone know what seat belt would work with the seat belt receiver on the chair? I got an universal seat belt from amazon, and unfortunately it didnt fit.

As stated from others, that it is unwise to use the seat beat bucket that is on the chair. The vanagon chair mount is not design to hold on to the chair in a crash. it is best do nothing and use the stock seat belt and seat buckle. I took my seatbelt buckle out of the seat so nobody will get confused about it.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

I've missed that note. Thank you for sanity check.
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Couple of comments -

#1 - yes, these are WAY more comfortable than my (beat up) original seats. Having just done a 3,400 mile trip - I am extremely happy with them. The passenger side is awesome, it turns AND folds, which makes the cabin space more useful. The driver seat ... I think I am going to end up removing the rotating mechanism - can't turn it with the seat. But even folding is tricky, with my large steering wheel, the chair won't fold.

#2 - I recommend you contact the Phoenix eBay vendor direct. I am local, so I went down there and he has a TON of inventory that isn't on eBay. I got his cell phone, but sadly misplaced it. Hit him up through eBay chat - he's a really good guy that will shoot straight with you.

#3 - Pacifica seats are next, since that is what is currently being sold, but from what I understand there are no kits for them yet.
hercules2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Just opened my smallcar brackets thanks usps.. mint 2015 leather t&c seats ready to install..for anybody northeast jbap auto parts glensfalls ny area good price on seats pulled wrapped and ready for me to pick up. As of yesterday 8/17 also had set black leather available too jbap jerry brown auto parts great outfit to deal with
Many thanks to everybody who made this upgrade plug and play for rest of us
93 westy- passed on
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

I will be joining this Stow and Go movement soon, I pick up my seats next weekend......

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm not a fan of leather or vinyl seating, this fabric pair popped up for sale. 🤗

I desire to keep the seats mounted as low as possible. I don't have seat swivels I have the "weekender" model camper.

I've looked at seat adapters from the seller in Germany.....
https://www.vw-t3-bus-shop.de/sitzadapter-fur-sportscraft-armlehnensitz-s91s81

And Small Car......
https://smallcar.com/vanagon/interior-parts/vanagon-front-seat-replacement-brackets.html

I like that the German ones have the seat slide adjustment built on to them, sadly they do not make a left and a right version. One size fits all??!!??

Small Car has tracks back in stock now, and despite asking them about how they lock in place, I never got an answer about that, they sent a link to a seat video. 🤔 That was zero help! Thaaaanks......... 🙄

Those of you who purchased the tracks from Small Car..... how to they latch to the existing Van tracks?

I've studied the photos in this thread but so many are now dead. Tim was good enough to repost his photos here! Good Guy!!! 👍 His old TV hanger home made track deserves further exploration.

I'm hesitant to cut the tracks off of my OEM seats, the seats are in perfect shape with new covers. If I like these T&C seats I'll be offering my recovered OEM seats free as a good Karma thing to whomever needs them and is running classic shredded Corduroy like I was!

Thanks for any help provided!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
physast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
I will be joining this Stow and Go movement soon, I pick up my seats next weekend......

Those of you who purchased the tracks from Small Car..... how to they latch to the existing Van tracks?

I've studied the photos in this thread but so many are now dead. Tim was good enough to repost his photos here! Good Guy!!! 👍 His old TV hanger home made track deserves further exploration.

I'm hesitant to cut the tracks off of my OEM seats, the seats are in perfect shape with new covers. If I like these T&C seats I'll be offering my recovered OEM seats free as a good Karma thing to whomever needs them and is running classic shredded Corduroy like I was!

Thanks for any help provided!

Dave

Without looking at my van I remember the small car adapters sliding onto the tracks then they use two bolts to secure them to the original tracks. I don't remember having to drill or cut anything, but I might have had to bend something to help the track slide into the old track.

The two things I did not like about the small car adapter:
1) the bolts holding the adapter to the old tracks do not seem secure enough
2) there is no good way to take the seats off without removing the small car adapter plate as well (and it was not easy to slide in).

Other than that I love the seats and really see no reason to take the seats off.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Seat Swap, (Town & Country 2nd Row) Reply with quote

Picked up my Stow and Go seats today.
Drove down to the DC area, 10 hours round trip about 450 miles. I Took the Prius so only used about 9 gallons of gas.

I also sat in a Van with Stow and Go seats in it and had a great visit with another Vanagon owner.

I was astounded at the quantity of traffic on I-95 northbound south of D.C.!
20 some Miles of bumper to bumper parking lot!
Must be Hurricane Irma related.

Headed back North we avoided all Interstates, hence the ten hours.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 30

Jump to: