Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How did you install your wood floor in your Westfalia? (early)
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: How did you install your wood floor in your Westfalia? (early) Reply with quote

Ive been looking at endless threads of wood floor installs but I am not really satisfied with what I have found. So I have the plywood that covers the *wavey* part of the floor and then I also have a backer board cut to the shape of the floor that goes under the jump seat and front of the bed and closet. Should I re install both those and then install the wood floor and cut around the jump seat and bed/closet? (which will increase the height of the floor) OR should I ditch the second piece of backer and just install the hard wood on top of the thin plywood and make cuts for the bed/closet and jump seat bolt holes? ( I currently have no sink)

Thoughts? Pictures??
paulsvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you install your wood floor in your Westfalia? (early) Reply with quote

go to the "gallery" up top and "search", type in "paulsvwbug" next to "search for submitter" and you'll find my photo's of my westy and floor install. I didn't use real wood, the plywood I used is two sheets of 1/8 thickness each, cut to fit and to be flat. I had to cut various pieces to make it completely flat. I went to Home Depot and got the water proof resilient plank flooring from Traffic Master. It's fairly easy to cut and snaps together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you install your wood floor in your Westfalia? (early) Reply with quote

1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)

Last edited by camit34 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you install your wood floor in your Westfalia? (early) Reply with quote

paulsvwbug wrote:
go to the "gallery" up top and "search", type in "paulsvwbug" next to "search for submitter" and you'll find my photo's of my westy and floor install. I didn't use real wood, the plywood I used is two sheets of 1/8 thickness each, cut to fit and to be flat. I had to cut various pieces to make it completely flat. I went to Home Depot and got the water proof resilient plank flooring from Traffic Master. It's fairly easy to cut and snaps together.

hmm I like how you did that, was it just the plywood over the bare floor?
paulsvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: How did you install your wood floor in your Westfalia? (early) Reply with quote

yes, the plywood went straight on the floor then then floor planks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: