Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

That looks really nice. I'll bet you can paint it to appear very close to the later grey color.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Itsamoto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Painting to match is a good idea - or have distinct (purposeful) contrast rather than be a shade off (not that there is a coherent colour scheme to the interior).

I think if you could paint this black, or wrap in black vinyl -- and then do the same for the driver's knee bolster - it would look really good - sort of a two tone dash.
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

I just got a can of dk gray Rustoleum vinyl spray at Home Depot that matches the late model knee bolster. I have the 93 glovebox in place and am going to pai t the door to match the dash....hopefully!
darkstar809612
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Do you have any of the cubbys left(grey)for a 2002 EV? If so, whats the cost pease. Thank you
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Anyone know where to purchase a cubby?? Or even a Glovebox. I've searched and searched. Let me know if you know!!!
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Frostilicus wrote:
Anyone know where to purchase a cubby?? Or even a Glovebox. I've searched and searched. Let me know if you know!!!

check the classifieds for a guy from Poland. I bought one of the cubbies and have it 25% installed.

Edit - Pawel:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2530962

It took a while for him to locate one, but when he found it the shipping was surprisingly quick.

Last edited by OB Bus on Thu May 18, 2023 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good info source for how to mount up the '93 glovebox? I bought one not knowing that it also needs the trim piece to the right, and perhaps some other mounting hardware.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
Does anyone know of a good info source for how to mount up the '93 glovebox? I bought one not knowing that it also needs the trim piece to the right, and perhaps some other mounting hardware.

I'd check with Pawel (above). He seems to find things for EVs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

And this thread finally motivated me to get our cubbie installed. Pawel provides a link to a Samba thread that gives a very detailed set of instructions.
I got everything together (I thought) and started. It took me about 2 hours start to finish, including 30 minutes going to the local hardware store for a speed nut. The color match of Euro grey to US grey was perfect. It does not have a huge capacity but compared to nothing it is great. One advantage is that the replacement cubbie is at least 15 pounds lighter than the knee bolster.

Anyone want or need (kneed?) a knee bolster? Shipping will be pricey but the part will be very reasonable.
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

Mine went in pretty quick. Threw out the old knee bolster.

My wife loves this cubby. It fits her phone, Nalgene water bottle, wallet, and all sorts of things for her. It's better than a glove box, in my opinion.

You get bonus points for putting dual USB and 12V power in there. Lots of room behind it for these additions and they are easy to wire.

kourt

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
klhoverman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

First time poster, new owner of a 2002 Eurovan and looking to customize/improve the interior space. I too am ISO the dash cubby. Looks like the recent (May 2023) previous link for the Poland connection is inactive on the parts side right now, so if anyone else has a reliable resource I'd love to hear it.
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

The part number is 705857924
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rallyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dashboard Cubby Installation Reply with quote

klhoverman wrote:
First time poster, new owner of a 2002 Eurovan and looking to customize/improve the interior space. I too am ISO the dash cubby. Looks like the recent (May 2023) previous link for the Poland connection is inactive on the parts side right now, so if anyone else has a reliable resource I'd love to hear it.

Last winter I ordered the cubby from Heritage VW Parts' "classic" site per these instructions. It took 6-8 weeks to arrive but it worked out great.

At the time, I tried to locate the OEM brackets for the cubby to avoid using zip ties and speed nuts on plastic tabs but I was unsuccessful. Despite this the cubby works and looks great.

For install, I followed the instructions in this thread plus another over on VW Vortex and had no issues though I do recall ordering some miscellaneous hardware from McMaster to finish the job.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: