Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ice box, cooler, repair options?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Ice box, cooler, repair options? Reply with quote

I tried searching but I didn't find much.

What options do I have to repair my cooler? I need to fix or replace the top plastic and possibly the rubber seal.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ice box, cooler, repair options? Reply with quote

A little epoxy and sanding and you could maybe get that plastic in pretty good shape. The seal looks like it might be fine if you just glue it back in place.
Also you could watch the classifieds. Not much there now, but something might pop up. Don't forget to search in the bus sections for "parting" and "parts".

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ice box, cooler, repair options? Reply with quote

Bala wrote:
A little epoxy and sanding and you could maybe get that plastic in pretty good shape. The seal looks like it might be fine if you just glue it back in place.
Also you could watch the classifieds. Not much there now, but something might pop up. Don't forget to search in the bus sections for "parting" and "parts".

Thanks. It's there a particular type of epoxy that you recommend?

I wonder if anyone has tried to vacuum form their own replacement part? How does this piece attach to the top?
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ice box, cooler, repair options? Reply with quote

I think it's glued to the top.
I would use a 2 part "5 minute" clear epoxy that is sand-able and paint-able. Then touch it up with a small brush and some model paint that is a close match.

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: