Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vendor issues
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Absolutely...................
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Would suggest posting this in the feedback forum. I run into the same thing on occasion, but not very often. I don't order from them, but use a few other vendors (CIP1 and WW primarily). But both of them show if its in stock or not.

Its a good idea to have some additional sources for things you need quick, but you may pay a premium for if you really need it. I have a couple of those as well. (Good to have a plan B)
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Yea... no... I checked this guy out, and maybe a little too pricey..... Anyway finally got the tracking It was mailed out 4 days ago.. After repeated attempts for info. They finally came thru... The local guy I usually buy from is closing up shop. All his stuff is original German and way more reasonable . price wise.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

legotech7 wrote:
I'm usually patient, with things like this, but its something I need like pronto.... I guess I'm at their mercy.....

...but I will order the parts from clear across the continent. Rolling Eyes
In the future I'd try this guy out. He's in your neck of the woods, probably get stuff next day, and he sells the GOOD STUFF. I've had a few painless dealings with him.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Johnzie333

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Give www.bughaus.com a try. You'll be speaking to the knowledgeable proprietor and they are a lot closer to you, shipping would be faster

X2 good guys.

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Give www.bughaus.com a try. You'll be speaking to the knowledgeable proprietor and they are a lot closer to you, shipping would be faster
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Call them. I doubt they are going to notice your post on theSamba.com

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

I'm usually patient, with things like this, but its something I need like pronto.... I guess I'm at their mercy.....
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

FWIW I ordered some stuff from them last year online. I checked the status a few days later and it still said "processing". Then the next day it showed up at my house. I never recieved shipping info or a tracking number or anything.
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vendor issues Reply with quote

that's a bummer. JBugs is usually pretty good.
I'd inquire about my order. If they have not shipped, I'd cancel and shop elsewhere. And I'd let them know that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Vendor issues Reply with quote

Has anyone have had issues when ordering from VW vendors?.. In particular, delayed shipping that went over 7 days. I ordered A set of tins from JBugs, and its taking them forever to ship them. No shipping information or anything. I should have ordered them from the vendors on ebay. Everything I order there, is shipped in three days, and most of it with free shipping. I can understand if parts are on back order, but let the costumer know, so He would have more options! Sheesh!........
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: