Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: wcfvw69
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
robp1999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Another satisfied customer here. Bill answered all my questions and asked pertinent questions if his own to get me the right distributor for my application. The 034 SVDA he restored is a perfect match to the 34pict3 I purchased from Tim at Volkzbitz. My son's daily driver super now runs like a much more modern vehicle, especially at low engine speeds. I will buy from him again when the need arises. Get the proper parts the first time there is a huge difference in performance. We replaced an aftermarket SVDA that was only a couple weeks old that never ran correctly. When tuning with our restored distributor it's obvious why, the timing advances immediately with this new distributor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill and I struck a deal with a great outcome for both. I, in turn, ended up with some quality work applied to my supplied cores. You would think they were new units. Thanks Bill!
39Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I just installed onto my '69 Beetle the restored -205T distributor that I bought from Bill. It looks and performs as a new one would. I am very pleased. Thanks Bill.
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Very impressed with the level of knowledge and expertise Bill showed me in his email replies.

Needless to say, my restored autostick dizzy looks great and is one thing I know is dialed-in! Great job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69YellowVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill sent me beautifully restored pierburg fuel pump, looked better than new. Excellent workmanship. Installed it last weekend and in works great. Bill even sent install instructions! First rate service. Highly recommended.

Thanks Bill!
silverlight7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill was very helpful with replacing my original DVDA distributor. My original was rusted and worn so badly, that it couldn't be salvaged, so I got a rebuilt one from him.

Bill answered my questions very quickly (sometimes only 5 minutes after I sent him an email), and directed me to exactly what I needed.

When I received the distributor, it looked like brand-new. I replaced the Pertronix dizzy I had and went for a test drive.

With Bill's rebuilt distributor, my Bug runs noticeably better now. It starts quickly from the cold, and when I start it warm, it fires up as soon as I turn the key.

Also, seems like the advance curve in this OEM distributor is better than the Pertronix, because the car accelerates faster now too.

This is much better than when I first started working on the car -- back then, it had so little power that it would stall taking off from a dead stop!

I'm very pleased with his work. I can see why everyone recommends him.
Daves67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill recently provided me a very nice almost NOS distributor for my 67 Beetle. I have spent a lot of time and effort trying to get it back to stock. The distributor was completely as advertised, arrived quickly (even though it was an international order), and it was all set up, I just had to install and time it. It works perfectly. Not only that he was able to provide some parts and advice to fix the old distributor, which is now sitting on the shelf as a spare. It was a pleasure doing business with him, and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

this guy is awesome. Good price, righteous product, good communication and fast shipping

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Ayr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Really, really pleased with the new distributor. I installed it (with one of Tim's rebuilt 34Pict3 carbs) as instructed by the included instructions and everything runs smooth and as it should.
The PO had the car for only a few months before me last year, ran horribly, and they were frustrated with it - sold it on to me.
All I have done is install the correct (and excellently rebuilt) distributor and carb and it is runs beautifully.
The shaft is silky smooth, no play. The insides are spotless.
If you are ordering from Ontario, Canada expect a little delay of about a week with Customs.
bryguth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Just received my distributors back from Bill, wow they look amazing, could pass for NOS. I sent him two, one of which I was convinced would be only good for parts. Bill sent them both back is perfect condition!! He is very attentive to details, knows his stuff when it comes to distributors and fuel pumps. I also picked up one of his rebuilt fuel pumps, looks brand new! Excellent communication and 1 week turnaround time. I highly recommend Bill, wouldn't hesitate to work with him in the future. AAAA+++++++

- 84 Westy -
- 59 Single Cab -
- 63 EZ Camper-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paule
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Just installed a rebuilt German dome top fuel pump. Very impressed. This was something on my list for a while. It was hard to make the decision. I had a pump that worked well. Pressure was a bit high but why repair if not broken?
Finally I bought one. Now, why did I wait so long?
The pump is basically brand new. I’m impressed and my single cab is too.
It feels better knowing the correct parts are installed. The price is obviously a lot higher than a “new” pump. In the end, so much better to get a restored original.
This seems like something I could have done myself, rebuild a rebuildable pump. After looking into the cost of a correct rebuild kit then factor in the time involved then include re-plating cleaning and facing. Definitely a wise decision to allow someone who does this frequently thus eliminating beginners mistakes.
I plan to send a distributor to Bill eventually.
The decision is a no brainer now. The quality is astounding, Bill’s patience and Instruction were also great.
Thank you Bill
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

My second purchase from Bill, happy customer again. Original parts are best!
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Purchased a square top fuel pump from Mr. Fowler recently, works as it should with perfect fuel pressure. Beautiful pump that looked new when I received it. I’ve had some post purchase questions for Bill and he’s been on top of customer service, always answering emails in a timely fashion. Would not hesitate to do business with him again.
okfixer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Sent Bill my distributor for him to check out. Said it was in great shape, but needed cleaning and testing. He installed new orig. Bosch points and fixed the jb welded in condenser.
The dwell and advance were set spot on, and it looks and operates like new.
Here’s the deal, if my car starts running erratically.....it won’t be the distributor or it’s components. And it’s one less thing to Easter egg hunt.
If you have a fuel pump or distributor.....get them fixed by this guy. He’s a professional. And you will not have to second guess a Chinese saw mill distributor with a nearly vertical advance, or crappy Brazilian fuel pump that delivers 18 psi ( sometimes....other times it’s zero) fuel pressure to your tiny needle and seat in your carb.
And:
Wow! It was 7 days from when I sent it off to when I got it back! I don’t know how he does it.
No offense to the Chinese or Brazilian people. 😀😀😀
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Fuel Pump that I had needed a rebuild so i ordered a rebuild kit from one of the southern California outfits, not gonna name. Well i rebuilt the pump and that darn pump just did not work. Sent it to Bill and he advised the kit i purchased was junk. Repairs made sent back to me now the engine looks more stock.
He is honest with you.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
diablosandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill refurbished a distributor for me. I had it back in about a week. Illinois to Arizona and back. Looks better than new. Stand-up guy!
MountainKeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

At the end of 9 pages of wildly positive comments about Bill and his work, there is not a lot I could add except that I purchased a dome top fuel pump from him several months back and it has been the best money I have ever spent on my 71 bus! The correct fuel pressure made all the difference! Runs great now and it looks fantastic on there too.
Bill is honest, highly knowledgeable, fast, and friendly. He went out of his way to quickly help with any questions I had both before AND AFTER the purchase! His communication is near instant!
When it gets to be distributor rebuild time for me... I'll be back for sure!
Bill is the best of the best!

Layne
cruiser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Let me be the latest to add to the long list of accolades for Bill. My recent experience was nothing less than outstanding. Wonderful communications from beginning to end on my fuel pump rebuild. Rapid turn-around not to mention shipment of the part when completed. Bill delivered an unbelievable product and I could not be more happier. Outstanding representation of person who stands behind his words. Thank you, Bill, for being an important part of the air cooled community/hobby.
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Just received a rebuilt distributor from Bill. His work is absolutely top notch. Engine runs so smoothly with this restored distributor. I previously just had a cheapie SVDA distributor. The difference is very noticeable in how the car runs.
Highly recommend Bill’s rebuilds.
sadzak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

OK, I have 2 1965 vw vehicles, one beetle and one single cab truck. after a lot of carb and dist changes, and after market stuff. I finally realized that the German engineers built it to run a long time. so, after all the reading, I wanted it to run like I remembered them back then...stock!

I sent Bill two 034 distributors to rebuilt. Using all German parts, specs.
This was the best money i spent. it was all ready to plug and play. I have the first one installed and am amazed at how good it runs..
REBUILT ORIGINAL GERMAN IS BEST, BARR NONE.
Thanks again Bill!!!
joe zak
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: