Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: wcfvw69
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Another smooth purchase from Bill. Great communication and fast shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beanlover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

What a fantastic experience working with Bill. He answer my myriad of questions without missing a beat...super fast communications...a pleasure to work with and talk with.

I had him rebuild a DVDA distributor for my 1971 SB Convertible. It had a leak on the retard side and he put a NOS can on there and rebuilt and cleaned the innards...great work...very happy...car is very happy too! She's purring much more like she should now.

Highly recommended!
61bugmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I really wanted the right distributor for my 1978 FI bus. Bill hooked me up with the proper one nice and quick. It arrived in the mail nice and quick, was practically gift wrapped, and looked every bit as good as the pictures in the ad! Once installed the bus started instantly and when I set the timing about 28-30 all in and the idle settled back right at 7.5. Even the dwell was perfect at 47! Trust me, this guy is legit!
Bill. You RULE!! Thanks again for all of your hard work!
moleman3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I bought a restored Pierburg fuel pump from Bill. It looks great and operates exactly the way it should. Bill is very helpful with all the technical aspects of how the pump should be installed. You can't go wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Contacted Bill looking for recommendation on replacing my 009 with period correct distributor and he replied quickly with two options.

After taking his advice, shipped restored like new unit along with tips for setting advance and some links with other technical advice.

Upon receipt, unit looked brand new. Then I received a proactive e mail from Bill about possible oversight, which was confirmed and rectified immediately.

Finally installed unit and bus purrs like a kitten. I can feel the difference while driving. Money well spent.

Thanks, Bill
tandemtwins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I haven't made a purchase... yet. So far, I've just had questions, and Bill has patiently and kindly answered them. Whatever direction I go, it will be based on some solid information!
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

He just rebuilt an early Brazilian 009 to perfection , an amazing asset to the ACVW community.
Baccabug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I recently purchased a rebuilt a Bosch SVDA distributor from Bill, after following his instructions my bug is running great (like it did decades ago). I would buy again without hesitation, definitely recommend.
Thanks Bill!
fireman todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

EXCELLENT!!!! I just purchased a restored German fuel pump for my '65 bus from Bill. I contacted him about some issues I was having with my engine and he helped me figure out my issues were caused by a bad condenser and fuel pump- not my distributor. Bill could have easily sold me a distributor, but walked me through the diagnostics that eventually pointed to a defective condenser. In the process, the bad fuel pump was discovered and I was happy to do business with him. Great communication, amazing quality, fast shipping, and top notch customer service. Bill, I can't thank you enough and my engine is running better than it ever has!
NoosePaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

After inquiring some information about a slightly unusual Pierburg fuel pump, Bill offered to restore this original german piece to outstanding condition! Not only is it a looker, but it also does its original intended purpose without a lick of hesitance or struggle, Good man Bill. Communicated effectively, shipped quickly, and was very cordial in responding to my longwinded emails. I will be coming back for more whenever the time is right. Thanks again, Bill.
tcoop1100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Iʻm a little late to this party but I wanted to add my two cents. I wrote to Bill for advice because I wanted a correct distributor to replace the no-name 009 wannabe on my 40 hp. He suggested the Big Cap I was leaning towards anyway and it arrived in a few days, looking brand new. I havenʻt built the motor yet which is good because Iʻm going to have to up my cosmetic game to match this jewel. Iʻm sure it will have performance to match the look. Heʻs The Man!
Skivancan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Fantastic work! I purchased a restored 205T SVA distributor and Pierburg square top fuel pump in March this year for my ‘69 beetle. Finally got around to working on it this weekend with other engine work and installed both. Replaced a worn Bosch SVDA with plugged off vac line and an after market Brazil fuel pump (with shocking plastic pump lever internal). The new parts look amazing, installed perfectly and what a difference to drive! (Paired with newly restored German Solex 30 pict 2 carb from Tim@volkbitz). Bill was great to contact initially and easy to deal with, parts arrived quickly and packaged extremely well. Big Thumbs up!
moundtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Just installed rebuilt Pierburg fuel pump purchased from Bill. Works flawlessly. Came with detailed info on the pump and many installation pointers. Bill remains a most valuable source for fans of air cooled VWs.
Bill Schwimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill restored a 022 905 205S distributor for my '77 Westy. Beautiful work!! Installed and timed, runs perfect. Highly recommend his services.
ben edwards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill, thanks for the beautiful fuel pump and 034 distributor you rebuilt for me.
The install instructions were super helpful and my engine runs so much better.
Thanks again, Ben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bought a restored Bosch distributor from Bill for my '78 CE Westfalia 2.0. Beautiful workmanship. Excellent shipping. Ready to go. And, helpful tips to boot. Highly recommended.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Purchased a rebuilt 034 by Bill, " this is the guy to go to " .. which says it all
Thank you -
bbrowncods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

A smooth purchase from Bill. Great communication and fast shipping.

Thanks Bill!
CatherineC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Instant improvement in how my 1967 Beetle runs after replacing! Bill even offered this helpful advice:

This distributor has the correct NOS Bosch 210 vacuum advance canister mounted on it. It vacuum advanced this distributor 24°. So, you can set the timing static to 7.5° like the book calls for on a 67 bug. Good idea to check it at idle with a timing light with the idle set at 850-950 RPM

· Make sure you always run the steel shepherds hook vacuum line with the loop up by the carb. The loop prevents the fuel vapors from running down the line and getting into the vacuum canister. The fuel ruins the rubber diaphragms inside them.

· It has a new shaft o-ring in place. I'd put grease on the O-ring up before inserting it in the engine. You need to push down while rocking the distributor side to side to get it to compress and slide into the engine case.

· The dwell is set and the points/points cam is lubed.

· Always keep the dust cap in place as it really helps keep the internals of the distributor clean.

Awaiting the year-appropriate restored carburetor and fuel pump as next steps.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Received my Pierburg square top today- --unbelievable, I'm gonna say it is better looking than a new one that just left the factory. Never again will I run a $25 aftermarket p.o.s pump. Bill obviously takes attention to detail.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: