Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Throttle Return Spring
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle Return Spring Reply with quote

Try pg. 24.37, 24.33 in your Bentley for the correct arm attachment point for the spring.

You havevit on the correct lever.,the question is, where do you have it hooked on the other end?
sped372
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle Return Spring Reply with quote

Thanks for the info... I snapped that pic after moving the spring to the lower hole. It was in the upper one and the pedal just didn't feel right. I also removed an extra lever/bracket that was for the [now nonfunctional] cruise control because the spring was hanging up on it preventing WOT. I disabled the cruise because of a parasitic electrical load described in a different thread.

Getting the bugs worked out of this van for sure!
whip618
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle Return Spring Reply with quote

You have your throttle return spring in the correct hole, the upper hole should have a plastic grommet pressed into it along with an adjustable linkage that connects to the EGR valve.

Phil

Samba Member No. 3307
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sped372
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Throttle Return Spring Reply with quote

Why are there two 'arms' with eyes near the throttle body? Which one is the return spring supposed to connect to? Mine was on the 'upper' one but the spring pressure felt too strong, I've seen photos with it connected to either of them, and a quick skim of Bentley doesn't clear it up for me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The top position seems to act "directly" against the accelerator pedal, while the bottom location moves the 'other side' of the torsion spring near the throttle body, so a less-direct return spring effect.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: