Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rubber Impact Strips for a 1974 KG
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sofia74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:06 pm    Post subject: Rubber Impact Strips for a 1974 KG Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find rubber impact strips for 1974 KG Coupe bumpers – front and rear? I have looked here on Samba for posts about the impact strips. I haven't found anything but may be using the wrong search words….

I have found impact strips for beetles so I think I’m using the correct description but haven’t found any for Karman Ghias. Any advice?

Thanks,
Matt
Redlabel6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber Impact Strips for a 1974 KG Reply with quote

The only impact strips I have seen are the ones that go in the over riders.
The strip across the bumper is just tape.
d
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber Impact Strips for a 1974 KG Reply with quote

I’ve been looking for few years for these impact strips for my 74. They were not standard equipment in 74, as I bought my car new and it was/is simply black tape. I think some 72/73 models did actually come with them as I have actually seen them, but not 74’s. Very hard to find now.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rubber Impact Strips for a 1974 KG Reply with quote

Redlabel6 wrote:
d

I had a ‘74 Ghia convertible about 15 years ago or so that came with impact strips that were shot. The bumperettes had deeper slots to allow for the protruding rubber. Because I’m crazy, I went searching for new ones to replace the old ones and found a NOS set in the classifieds. I’ve gone through a lot of late model Ghias since and have never seen another with the impact strips so must have been a rare accessory.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Sofia74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber Impact Strips for a 1974 KG Reply with quote

Quote:
D

Quote:
I had a ‘74 Ghia convertible about 15 years ago or so that came with impact strips that were shot. The bumperettes had deeper slots to allow for the protruding rubber. Because I’m crazy, I went searching for new ones to replace the old ones and found a NOS set in the classifieds. I’ve gone through a lot of late model Ghias since and have never seen another with the impact strips so must have been a rare accessory.

Interesting. I’m not sure about the tape. Comma I had the bumpers rechromed. They look awesome. (pictures available upon request). I did not have the bumperettes / over riders rechromed. Looking for a simpler look. Now with this discussion about the impact strips versus tape… I think I will leave the bumpers bare chrome without any tape or strips and just see how they look. They are not installed yet.

Open to opinions. And I will post pictures if folks are curious...

Matt
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: