Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

So I have a '70 9 passenger Bay and I'm in the process of making panels for it and I remembered on my '64 there was a kick panel on the rear seat and one on the side of the 2/3 seat frame. Is there anyone out there in TheSamba land that can post me a picture of their stock kick panel for the rear seat and for the full length middle seat?
For this I would need a total flat 2D picture of the front and/or the back so that I can project a picture on the material to draw the shape along with the dimensions of the panel so I would know how big to project the image onto the sheet. Thanks for any and all help here.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Happy motoring...

1970 9 Pass Deluxe
1970 Westy
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

Center (middle) seat identification
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

MonkeySee wrote:
So I have a '70 9 passenger Bay and I'm in the process of making panels for it and I remembered on my '64 there was a kick panel on the rear seat and one on the side of the 2/3 seat frame. Is there anyone out there in TheSamba land that can post me a picture of their stock kick panel for the rear seat and for the full length middle seat?

As you can see in the thread that Tcash posted, there was never a kick panel across the front of a middle seat. There was only the side panel. And, I could be wrong on this, but I THINK that the side panel was the same for 2/3 and 3/3 (full width) middle seats.

Can you post a photo of your full-width middle seat?

I believe I have both the front panel for the rear seat, and the side panel for a full-width middle seat, but they are not from 1970, so they might not be applicable to your situation.

I love your bus, by the way. That one has the honest look of a hard-working bus.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

Good lord those pictures are a mess in that thread.
obieoberstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

here is what the middle seat panel looks like....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1888794
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obieoberstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

from the archives....

rear seat panel. my '71 bus had one, I think. could be wrong, it was a while ago...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/1968_bus_french2/66.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

I'm still needing a full frontal view of the back seat kick panel.
Can anyone out there get one for me?
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

Anyone?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Early Bay Rear Seat Kick Panel and Middle Seat Too... 1970 Reply with quote

I could dig one up, but they look just like a split in terms of clips etc. what exactly do you need a photo of?

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: