Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Volkswagen Dealer Plate Frame, WOBURN, MA
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Vallejo Volkswagen mid 50's frame removed from a 1956 oval. Is it pre Dalzell-Graham Co ? Vallejo Volkswagen is not recognized until decades later.

1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Cool find

I was just looking at that - I wonder if it's Dalzell-Graham but before they had that formal name or they used a simple Vallejo plate like that?

I don't know.

I do think the Vallejo Volkswagen frames on the site are a later dealer.

This early 55-56 book doesn't even have a Vallejo listing:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/1950s_vw_distributors.php
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1953Volks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am currently restoring oldest 1950 11G documented Hoffmann Motors Inc. splits and I am looking for a frame from NY that is correct for my New York license plates for the car. I talked to one guy that had a frame that he sold with his 50 vert from Hoffmann and he had no pictures or the frame. I will pay top dollar to acquire the correct frame if there is still any out there. Please post pics if you know or seen one.Thanks
1962 DOUBLE CAB
1957 11G
1958 Single cab
1967 camper bus
1959 ragtop 2226460 (in Japan)
1964 Karmann Ghia
1964 Cadillac coupe De Ville (a.k.a. Husslah)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
e_bingel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Wanted if anyone can help.... Orange County Cotton Goff VW or better yet VW and Porsche Cash waiting
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

e_bingel wrote:
Wanted if anyone can help.... Orange County Cotton Goff VW or better yet VW and Porsche Cash waiting

What about Buena Park Cotton Goff VW Porsche?
huck731
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

anyone have information on the old Collinsville, Illinios Volkswagen dealership? I'm also looking for a plate frame and or key tag for them to place on my 87 quantum that was purchased new there in 87.
nels864
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I am looking for a frame from Woodland VW in Woodland Hills.

Anybody out there have one to sell?

Thanks in advance.
Bought it from a 92 year old first owner
who kept her in a dry So Calif garage
her whole life.
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Anybody ever come across a Boyds Motors , Hutchinson Kansas plate frame?
Car is still sporting a deck lid sticker, looking for a plate frame
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
Charlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Hello,
Yes, I do realize that I'm jumping into a VERY, VERY OLD thread here, but this week a fellow member sent me the link to here.
Yes, I'd love to score Woolverton or Woolverton & Sons license plate frames. (Rusty Relics?)
And too I'm very much interested to learn of the history of the dealership
Thank you for any info you have have to share!
Following is the text of my post from this past week:

Hello Samba Members,

I'm wondering if any of you So. Cali residents know any history of the Woolverton VW dealership of El Monte? (Dealer 422/159).

I'm curious as to the history of the dealership: When it began, when it ceased operation, and when Woolverton became Woolverton & Sons?
(My dealer folder reads "Woolverton," however the maintenance record stamp shows "Woolverton & Sons"). And, are there any family members or former employees around? Etc. Etc.
Apparently they had an LA outlet as well. Note: On the dealer folder, it shows the El Monte 442-6150 telephone number, so it 'appears' that the 422 prefix was used as the first half of the dealer number, it this case 422/159. The LA phone number was 686-1051.
I've had no luck finding any history info using a Google search.

My '69 Beetle was purchased there, and according to the Maintenance Record portion of the owners manual, had it's initial (600 mile) engine and transmission oil change, and maintenance service on 02-07-69.
There were subsequent services performed at Century Motors in Alhambra (422/123) and Colome Motors in Montebello (422/165), up to January 1971 (33,000 mile services lastly noted).

I've owned this Type 1 for two years now, and it's going through a s-l-o-w (and as thorough as I can) restoration. It's exciting to be doing this, and to know the Bugs' history. I've applied for a Birth Certificate as well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time and interest!

Charlo/Southern Oregon
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

anyone have any Scottsdale demas, mark imports, or globe motors frames? All Arizona dealers.

Thanks for any help!
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
HerrFink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Advice needed & Question: Looking for Goleta CA license plate frame. I know there is one in the classifieds for $350 but I can't afford it.

Where is a good place to look for one? I'm new to this so any advice is much appreciated.

I live in Goleta and the bus apparently spent all it's life here, it had matching front and back frames that say: Santa Barbara Import Auto Service (picture below) is it possible/likely that those are the originals? if so anybody ever heard of them? Or was this some service/parts place that did work on it? Bus was salvaged at one point so maybe they fixed it up and sold it again with those frames? The license plates are original though to the first day of registration back from 1970

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

You can watch eBay - a lot of times license plate frames show up there too.

It sound like you have a 1970 VW?

I don't see that Imported Auto Service listed as a dealer in the dealer listings or in the 1970 and 1975 dealer books I have scanned on the site for either Goleta or Santa Barbara. Goleta is not listed in the 1975 book at all so the dealer there probably closed.

The Santa Barbara dealer was Van Wyk's, Inc. for a very long time.

As you guess, I would say it was a local repair place that also had frames.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALWAYS1961
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Hi, just joined and hope I posted this correctly. I'm looking for an old Ron Price VW Porsche license plate frame.

Thanks for any help...
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

ALWAYS1961 wrote:
Hi, just joined and hope I posted this correctly. I'm looking for an old Ron Price VW Porsche license plate frame.

Thanks for any help...

What city and state?
ALWAYS1961
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
ALWAYS1961 wrote:

Thanks for any help...

What city and state?

San Bruno, CA or So San Francisco,CA
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

ALWAYS1961 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
ALWAYS1961 wrote:

Thanks for any help...

What city and state?

OK. If you have not seen one, here is a sample...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/ronprice_southsanfrancisco_ca.php
ALWAYS1961
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
ALWAYS1961 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
ALWAYS1961 wrote:

Thanks for any help...

What city and state?

OK. If you have not seen one, here is a sample...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/ronprice_southsanfrancisco_ca.php

Thanks, but those are the newer ones when they were selling Subaru and Mazda...I'll keep looking for the older ones.
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Looking for a South Carolina dealer plate frame for my Ghia, anywhere from usable condition to mint. No particular dealership in mind. Thanks.
Wangta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Has anybody ever seen a dealer plate from Vermont (the State, not Vermont Ave in Los Angeles)?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Jump to:
Page 102 of 115

Jump to: