Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Wangta wrote:
Has anybody ever seen a dealer plate from Vermont (the State, not Vermont Ave in Los Angeles)?

At first I was like "of course" but then I realized that out of every dealer we have on the site under VT there are no true plate frames, only inserts from later dealers
Vermont:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/usa_dealers_vt.php

I also searched all of the old classifieds on the site and the gallery for vermont plate - No results except the one in LA you mentioned.

Weird... If anyone has one or if you find one, please email me pic(s) for the dealer pages.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

A couple of Idaho dealer plate frames I found recently. I don't see photos of either of these in the dealer listing section.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
A couple of Idaho dealer plate frames I found recently. I don't see photos of either of these in the dealer listing section.

Very cool!
If I lived in Moscow Russia I'd be all over that first frame!

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I added those to the site.

Yes, the ones without a state listed are nice when you can use them for other areas (hint hint to people looking for plate frames)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bug-nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Hi guys, change of plans from my last post in this subtopic. I'm no longer looking for a Magnussons VW dealer in Athens, Alabama. I'm now on the lookout for a plate frame from Snider Motors here in Knoxville, TN. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. Yes I'm keeping an eye out in the classified section here as well as on eBay, but I thought I'd go ahead and put this on here as well; I hope that is ok, if not please feel free to delete this post.

(Photo borrowed from the photo gallery)

1962 Austin-Healey Sprite

Snort wrote:
A 59 Beetle is just an Oval-Window car with aspirations of modernity.
rollingthunder1954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Neufeld Motors VW, San Carlos CA Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy a vintage Neufeld Motors license plate frame for my '67 Bug because that's where it was originally purchased. I've seen one or two advertised on eBay, but the asking price was over $200. That seems like a lot to pay for a doodad. Am I unrealistic?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

My personal opinion is that most license plate prices are insane but I think it comes down to how long you want to search and how often that particular one comes up for sale.

I've had good luck finding a couple I wanted at a good price by being patient but it took years.

One issue is I believe there are 2-3 people that buy every VW plate frame they can get their hands on so they have often cornered the market.
They typically advertise on eBay so you may have seen one of those sellers. Smile
rollingthunder1954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Thanks. I figured something along that line. I think this was the same seller that had it for sale about 6 months ago for $100. He declined my offer of $50 and the price just keeps going up. Crazy but I guess someone may buy it.
thecrewcrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typ3nut wrote:
thecrewcrew wrote:
Does anyone know the names of VW dealerships that might have been around the Warner Robins or Macon, GA area in the 60's?

Bob Lee Volkswagen, Warner Robin, GA

Smith Battery & Ign. Service
L.A. Smith Auto Service
L.A. Smith Volkswagen, Macon, GA
You can find these references if you look in the Technical Form in Dealer Listings.

Anyone have or seen a Bob Lee Volkswagen plate frame?

Eric Knight
'68 Camper Tin Roof
'68 Highroof (Vandito Burrito)
'71 Single Cab
'73 Bus (The Wagen Bar)
'65 Panel Brazilian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecrewcrew wrote:
Typ3nut wrote:
thecrewcrew wrote:
Does anyone know the names of VW dealerships that might have been around the Warner Robins or Macon, GA area in the 60's?

Bob Lee Volkswagen, Warner Robin, GA

Smith Battery & Ign. Service
L.A. Smith Auto Service
L.A. Smith Volkswagen, Macon, GA
You can find these references if you look in the Technical Form in Dealer Listings.

Anyone have or seen a Bob Lee Volkswagen plate frame?

There is one on the site so it exists:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/bobleevw_warner_robins_ga.php
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Another hard to find high desert dealership frame from ridgecrest ca.

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
WhtRabbitJoe77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Looking to buy a frame from Empire VW that was in Poughkeepsie has anyone seen one? maybe somthing from the mid 70's?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I realize this is a long shot but I’m looking to buy a Competition Motors Woodland Hills plate frame. Doesn’t need to be perfect, but should be intact and in presentable shape. Yes, I know these go for over a grand. I’m at peace with that part. If you’ve got one and are looking to cash out let’s talk...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

disneyherbie wrote:
I realize this is a long shot but I’m looking to buy a Competition Motors Woodland Hills plate frame. Doesn’t need to be perfect, but should be intact and in presentable shape. Yes, I know these go for over a grand. I’m at peace with that part. If you’ve got one and are looking to cash out let’s talk...

I think the $1000 one might only be The Porsche one?
Not even sure they go for that much but anything is possible with Porsche stuff...

There is a VW-only one too
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I’d definitely want the Porsche logo’d version as it’s going on my 356...I feel like the prices on these are all over the place, but I’m willing to pay up for a decent one...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Here’s a lee wood motors frame if anyone needs it on Craigslist https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/d/license-plate-and-dealer-frame/6482627894.html

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
disneyherbie wrote:

I think the $1000 one might only be The Porsche one?
Not even sure they go for that much but anything is possible with Porsche stuff...

There is a VW-only one too

Sold my Porsche logo'd Woodland Hills frame late last year for $1k plus shipping.

Sold my VW logo'd Woodland Hills frame about 6-8 years ago for $600 plus shipping.

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cookiemonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

looking for any of these louisiana plates:

Alexandria
Cane River
Phil Dunklin
Wm H. Burnett

PM me if you want to sell
magiceddie88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Does anyone happen to have a Watts-Pumpelly VW LAKE CHARLES plate surround?! Please and thank you!
Instagram: Magiceddielive
Drive alive
Enthusiast-would be an understatement.
...Air-cooled by SummerFroze by Winter...
www.arcticaircooledvws.com
Wild Bill wrote:
"Life In the FAST LANE". What the Hell does that feel like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Second Air Force
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

MonkeySee wrote:
Heres a pic of the original license plate frame still on the bus that I just purchased. Just found this thread and looking for information on this dealer.
YUMA
ALEXANDER VOLKSWAGEN

I'm a bit late replying to this post, but I worked for Mr. Alexander at his Ford store in Yuma for a short time in the late 1980s. At that time he had Mercedes and Ford at separate stores but I don't recall if he still had VW (I never set foot in the Merc store).

What I remember is that Alexander settled in Yuma sometime after WWII and eventually started selling VWs. He told me he enjoyed having the military nearby at the air base (first Vincent AFB and later Yuma Marine Corps Air Station) and did a lot of business with the servicemen. Bill Alexander was a very tall, imposing looking Texan, and his slogan at the VW store was "the big man with the small car" or something of the sort.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Jump to:
Page 103 of 115

Jump to: