Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
westfaliahunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do someone here could have this licence frame from Northern Edmonton Alberta Canada for sale? PM me 👌🏻
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westfaliahunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Northern VW . . . Reply with quote

KingsLeadHat wrote:
. . . Edmonton, AB

I need this frame plate, do someone here have one to sell? PM me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tammywalker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Frank Myers Motors license plate frame. Frank Myers was my great grandfather and my dad is currently restoring a VW van. He really wants one of these license plate covers from his grandfather's dealership. Help please!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

tammywalker wrote:
I'm looking for a Frank Myers Motors license plate frame. Frank Myers was my great grandfather and my dad is currently restoring a VW van. He really wants one of these license plate covers from his grandfather's dealership. Help please!

You can post a wanted ad in the classifieds here.
Also watch eBay, you actually just missed one on eBay a couple weeks ago
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303140080442
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jerkstore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyVW wrote:
I'd like to find Auto City, Silver Spring MD. I've never seen a plate frame, seen scripts on decklid or on toolbox. Pm any info!

13 years later...I, too, am searching, as my mother bought her 1978 Super Beetle vert there, new, in 78. I just inherited it from her.

Silver Spring Auto City declared bankruptcy as seen in a Washington Post notice:

May 10, 1999
Silver Spring Auto City Inc. of 8200 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, filed for Chapter 11 reorganization Tuesday. The company listed assets as $1 million to $10 million and liabilities as $100,000 to $499,000.

I thought I had tracked down the business owners' son but there has been no reply.

Any additional info on SSAC appreciated.
joe h.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Fresh chrome and paint!

bluebug66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Frame originally came on a new 1972 Super Beetle that I bought from Van Slyke in Knoxville. No longer have the car but I am using it on my 66 bug. Touched up the script with some Testers paint that matched fairly well with the original that was faded.
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Looking for at least 1 plate frame from this old VW dealer:
Montgomery County Cars; of Rockville, MD
Also looking for any dealer name tags/badges/emblems; like in this link here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/montgomerycountycars_rockville_md.php
Any other materials from this dealer as well!
Please let me know if you can help & thanks in advance!
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in crystal white pearl
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in cinnamon brown pearl
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
tammywalker wrote:

unfortunately ebay removed the 'want it now' feature, which allowed you to put up a listing of something you wanted.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tammywalker wrote:

unfortunately ebay removed the 'want it now' feature, which allowed you to put up a listing of something you wanted.

Ok. By watch eBay I mean do a search and keep running it every week to keep an eye out. You can them email you on a "Saved Search" too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tammywalker wrote:

Ok. By watch eBay I mean do a search and keep running it every week to keep an eye out. You can them email you on a "Saved Search" too

OK got it Everett! Thank you! I did just that! Does anyone make repros of those things?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tammywalker wrote:

OK got it Everett! Thank you! I did just that! Does anyone make repros of those things?

I have not seen this plate frame reproduced as I don't think it's popular enough.

There are some other plate frames that have been reproduced for more "famous" dealers.
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tammywalker wrote:

I have not seen this plate frame reproduced as I don't think it's popular enough.

There are some other plate frames that have been reproduced for more "famous" dealers.

OK I can understand that; but what about a repop of the name badges?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Junkyardjockey wrote:
EverettB wrote:
tammywalker wrote:

OK I can understand that; but what about a repop of the name badges?

If you are asking if there is some company that will make any badge you want done, I would say Yes.
I don't personally know who does this and I would guess there would be some minimum order.

There are a bunch of repro badges on the site, you could ask one of those guys where they had them made. A lot of them might be resellers though so it might take a few emails.

I know ISPWest in LA has had some Type 3 badges made, maybe they have a source.

Or start a new thread asking where to get a badge made.

I found this old thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=390919
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

Cool frame and even cooler 70’s license plate I found last nite

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

After searching for a few years, then finding locally and taking several months to pin the seller down to actually pick up, I got my Charleston, SC dealer frame for my car. Seller mentioned that he had a 2nd, rusty one that I could also have for a few bucks more, which was a nice bonus (it's wall art since it's cracked though).

If the usable one doesn't clean up to well is there anyone out there who restores these?

sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I’ve had this frame laying around for yrs. I was told the font indicates it’s an early frame. Any truth to that?

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with that frame and have not heard that about the font.

The 2 bars on the sides are typical of some of the earlier VW plate frames.

Does it have any markings on the back?
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

No markings at all
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Plate Frame List and Dealer Discussion Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:
EverettB wrote:

No markings at all

Ok, I think that might be normal for the early plates
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Jump to:
Page 106 of 115

Jump to: