Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

May 01, 2016 - Spring Picnic hosted by Orange Empire Bus Company
Yorba Linda, California

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Don't miss out on the 17th Annual Spring Picnic hosted by The Orange Empire Bus Company. This year like last year, the show will be held at the end of the road on the campground side and not in the past area up front. So with this said, where you end up camping, this will be your spot for the show! So come out and enjoy the day parked on grass under large trees. Gates open at 6:30 in the morning. The day will be packed full of fun.

-Hot-Dog Fred will be on-scene grilling up his legendary Bratwursts and Hot-Dogs.
-Our swap meet is expected to be full to capacity.
-And we will once again be running SLOW-DRAGS. Slow drags are free to enter with two classes (type 2 and all other VWs) The winner of each class wins a $200 Gift Certificate donated by Wolfsburg West.
-Bring family and friends and enjoy a truly unique Volkswagen event in a truly unique park setting.
- Admission is free to drivers of aircooled VWs. Passengers and spectators pay a low $5 each
-ALL-Aircooled VW campout starts Thursday, May 28th at noon.
-All Aircooled VW "drive-in" will be set up Saturday night again, compliments of Jebus with free popcorn served by Wolfsburg West.
DON'T MISS IT!!

Email [email protected] for more info.

April 28, 2016 - Spring Picnic Campout
Yorba Linda, California

Bring your friends and family and come out for the Pre-Spring Picnic Campout. The fun starts at Noon on Friday and continues until early Sunday morning where the even-more-fun Spring Picnic begins. Bring your barbecues and ice chests and enjoy camping on grass with LOTS of other VWs. Saturday at dusk we will once again be setting up the big screen and showing a Volkswagen extravaganza on the big screen compliments of "the Jebus" with free popcorn from your friends at Wolfsburg West. Campout is open to AIRCOOLED VWs only. $20 per night/per vehicle. No prereservation is required.

Email [email protected] for more info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ib-bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

Never been to this one but I have heard nothing but good things about it , we will definately be there Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64sunroofguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

This is going to be another epic event! One of my FAVORITE shows of the year. This wilo be my 5th one and they keep getting better. Cant wait to see everyone there. #Heilitemafia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

This will be my first time to this show. I've been hearing for years that this is THE show to go to on the west coast. Can't wait for the fun to begin!
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
64sunroofguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

SCVW you will not be disappointed my friend. Come by the Heilite Mafia campsite for some crazy bomb ass food and a cold one. Ask for Cuņado.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

64sunroofguy wrote:
SCVW you will not be disappointed my friend. Come by the Heilite Mafia campsite for some crazy bomb ass food and a cold one. Ask for Cuņado.

Thanks.

Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

64sunroofguy wrote:

kevin, I'd be careful inviting strangers over the internet to camp.

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

You think Pablo and Jose aren't flying out with superman to this awesome event?
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

64sunroofguy wrote:

Wow I know the Heilite Mafia are a great bunch of guys but they also do some crazy bomb ass food? Kevin, Rondusty, Luis, bring it on! I wouldn't ask for Cunado either, he hasn't been to too many rodeos Wink . Did you hear that fellas? CamPbodians don't have to cook at this one, Heilite Mafia has us covered! Laughing
Phil 4:13
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

mg6770 wrote:
64sunroofguy wrote:

Wow I know the Heilite Mafia are a great bunch of guys but they also do some crazy bomb ass food? Kevin, Rondusty, Luis, bring it on! I wouldn't ask for Cunado either, he hasn't been to too many rodeos Wink . Did you hear that fellas? CamPbodians don't have to cook at this one, Heilite Mafia has us covered! Laughing

Bout' time vatos!
Maurice, I will start marinating the squirrel and raven ehhm I mean desert chicken...Analog guy will have lots of analog to share if you know what I'm saying. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtank50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

Cant wait! one of the best shows of the year
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
mg6770 wrote:
64sunroofguy wrote:

Bout' time vatos!
Maurice, I will start marinating the squirrel and raven ehhm I mean desert chicken...Analog guy will have lots of analog to share if you know what I'm saying. Smile

Branden we missed you at KQ but glad you're gonna come to spring picnics. roger that I hear you "loud" and clear!
Phil 4:13

Last edited by mg6770 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

i have a feeling this is gonna be a blast!

I can't wait to hang out with you west-coasters!!

thevwcompound *instagram*
GFolks62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

One week away to one of the best events!! Looking forward to a great weekend!!!
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing all you guy's Cool
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

Just a few more days. Can't get her soon enough.

offshores
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

scvw wrote:
Just a few more days. Can't get her soon enough.

I hear ya. Going for the 1st time and am really looking forward to it. Anybody know if there's parking for non VW's to camp? Might have the wife and kids drive up a little later if that's an option... Thanks!!!
mrfixit454
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

Does this event usually fill up for camping? If I showed up Saturday morning do you think I can camp? Also, what is the latest you can arrive Friday evening. Don't they have a gate at that campground?

I emailed the event home.. Plenty of room. Friday by 10pm should be good.

Thanks,
Fixit
2002 Jetta TDI - Pumping out the MPG!
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pb_foots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

My boy just asked if the tattoo guy will be there again this year?

Here's his best mad dog face.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scubasteve321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OEBC SPRING PICNIC / April 28th - May 1st Reply with quote

Just to confirm,

Does the camp-out start on Friday the 29th at noon or Thursday the 28th at noon?

Some typos in the OP so confusing

Also, I am looking for a camp area to adopt me, traveling around the country in my 71 Campmobile and am new to the area!!

Thanks!

Steve
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: