Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Helga made another 1000 + road trip to big bend with only one instance of vapor lock to note.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

E P I C.
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

i had been looking for a 4x5 rug, which they don't really seem to make. I was at ikea and found one that matched one of the dimensions of the cargo floor so i picked it it up!

notice it a little long and riding high on the left side, there is about an inch or so that ends up getting tucked under the bench. I had to cut it to the contours to really keep it from moving around

made the main cut!

blamo ! I had been looking for both shag rugs and artificial grass with no luck for several months. This is the perfect combo. I should hold up well and be easier on the knees when i'm camping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Shaggidelphic!
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

High tides and green grass. Very nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
firula
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Amazing work!!! Keep it up!! Wink
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

You're giving me serious interior goals for my 67!! Love the rug!!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

I got a couple of these little mirrors to help check the blind spot from the the samba classifieds. I'll have to report back on how they perform. They just stick on with double sided tape. You twist them to adjust the angle.

got a indoor/outdoor temp gauge on ebay for those nights we're camping in the cold or on the road. I'll be able to see how warm it is in the bus compared to outside

luckily i have holes in my floor so i just ran the outside temp sensor down the a piller and cut a small hole in my tape Smile

then stung it up

glue two magnets to the back of it and blamo! i'm set
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Cool stuff dude!

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Link
faster-laster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Neat Video. Any photos of you guys from the last Cars and Coffee? I hate I didn't just follow you and Jason after running into you at the gas station.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

faster-laster wrote:
Neat Video. Any photos of you guys from the last Cars and Coffee? I hate I didn't just follow you and Jason after running into you at the gas station.

man that show was a mess. only one way in and out made for hour long waits to get parked. they're looking for a new venue, so you really didn't miss much..

&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Pablo get in touch w/ you re: the recent BBNP Offroadfest? Haw. Some fun!

We scratched our parts.
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:
Pablo get in touch w/ you re: the recent BBNP Offroadfest? Haw. Some fun!

We scratched our parts.

no i haven't seen him yet. I saw you're adventures on the inter-webs and was jelly! ya'll had fun.
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Wha? Whazzat? Where on the Internet?

I hafta get me A Internet. I want to see me having funs.
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:
Wha? Whazzat? Where on the Internet?

I hafta get me A Internet. I want to see me having funs.

on ye ole instaballz... scroll down a waze...

https://www.instagram.com/roadtripvw/
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Sez, "THIS ACCOUNT IS PRIMATE". Hunh.
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

my nose had be replaced log ago with an early bus nose. it's got the 62 and earlier oblong headlight buckets. You can see here where they cut this piece. They cut each wire of the hardness and taped them back together. Less than ideal.

So it all came out! Smile

and the new Wolfsburg West harness went in!

so fresh and clean! Smile now my fuse block actually fits in the little rectangle instead of being too low to reach it.

and I was able to finally install the left side kick panel. I had made this about a year ago but wasn't able to put it in the with old harness hanging down.

driving home there was a strange rattle. I was worried but this morning was relieved to find this Smile
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

went and bought two 4x8 sheets of 15/32 plywood for the full length deck that is getting made Smile It's nice being able to haul large sheets like this.

the deck is about 118 inches, so i split the difference with two 59 inch pieces

then, since i've been getting into graffiti (not doing it illegally btw) i figured it would be a good place for a piece.

all done, now to poly over it!

Link
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: "Helga" Matt's 65 bus restoration thread - Austin TX! Reply with quote

Ha! Look at you, MJ A/V Guy. Kids with your gadgets and gizmos and graffiti- aaaAahhh.

On the way to/from Alpine for groceries, car parts etc. last week Mack and I took in the Graffiti Show, aka the freight train- good stuff. Noted at least one tagger has adopted straight-up circus typeface in place of the common, increasingly mundane 'tagger' typeface.

Also, Sandy's Beetle has gimbal-mounted pistons/rods. Split the case yesterday and very worn parts tumbled out. Yick. Poor car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 26

Jump to: