Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

photoshop of the wheels/body race height and rear bars added. cage to body height is what is currently there. I think, while looking different than the original, it isn't too bad.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Last edited by vwfye on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Last edited by vwfye on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Every little job counts. It's all got to get done. Nice to see a historic car getting put back into action.

Would love to find one of these old speedster bodies to run at Bonneville.

brad
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

You're SERIOUSLY messing up an historic drag car with that ridiculous jungle gym poking out of the interior opening.

I doubt that it could look more awkward . . . really too bad that you ended up with that wonderful body shell if that's how it's going to end up, just deserves SO much better from someone much better able to bring it back to it's former glory ! !
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Rude and uncalled for.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Kind of a dick comment TC. If you don't like it move on and be a douche somewhere else.

brad
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Looks great and I am excited to see this running again. Will there be a windshield?

Regarding TCs poor communication skills:

"Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities." - Oscar Wilde

I hope you can be interesting too.

Have an awesome day, Jeff
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Rude, but right to the point. I seriously doubt that there's anyone here that finds that roll cage anything but awkward and would trash it for something much better in an instant if it was their car.

Being honest here. That thing SUCKS and completely ruins the ride !
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

I have a special reverence for some things 'the way they were', but had I walked that car show, in its original configuration, I would have said that plenum was Fugly. I also read the word—Legal—which likely means FYE will put this back in action.

More power to him.

Jim
Manx #2614
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

TC has built some cool stuff.

This car's old set up would not be allowed on the track today, even if I could recreate how it was. So... I'm where I am.

I don't like it visually as much as some other ideas, but don't have the budget to do anything else at this point and, I also want to walk away from any mishap.
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
TC has built some cool stuff.

This car's old set up would not be allowed on the track today, even if I could recreate how it was. So... I'm where I am.

I don't like it visually as much as some other ideas, but don't have the budget to do anything else at this point and, I also want to walk away from any mishap.

Yep times have changed, having your helmet sticking half way out of the cage ain't gonna pass these days. IT's also a hell of a lot easier on the wallet and body climbing in and out of a bigger cage that is already paid for.

brad
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

"This car's old set up would not be allowed on the track today, even if I could recreate how it was. So... I'm where I am. "

In retrospect, and with an apology to you as well, I can honestly understand well why you've made the decisions that you have, and OF COURSE, there's always the cost factor. Where I wrongly went off on you for your decisions, I should have reasoned out that you were working within a budget as we all are these days and offered praise and encouragement for what you you're doing.

I'm sorry for my idiocy, didn't think things through and "spoke" off the top of my head when I SERIOUSLY shouldn't have ! ! !

Again, sorry for my stupid comments. If we meet up at a show or VW event, you get a free punch to to my stupid face and a burger for lunch as well.

TC
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

TC. If I had an unlimited budget the car would appear exactly as it used to but with all the modern safety.

I know I reacted pretty badly when I first saw your post but I've gotten over it. If I didn't want opinions I shouldn't have posted publicly. It's all part of this system. No worries
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

"No worries."

If you're sure, then thank you ! If not, then I need to be more sincere in my apology for my unthinking stupidity ! ! !

Can't wait to see the next installment and photos. That car of yours was what brought me to Porsche 356s in the first place, I ended up with a 1955 Pre-A and 1965 SC because of it. You're a LUCKY guy to have found and bought up that body shell, an important piece of VW history for sure . . .
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Like I said before, this IS the car that made me pay attention to VW powered drag cars.

I do know that the cage won't peak out of the car as far as it shows in those picks. How much less? Don't know yet.

The body needs so much repair from the inside, it is scary. I have it hanging in the garage right now and wow...
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

well,
here we are 10 months later and i have started over. weight bias was going to be stupid with the rear engine lay out. i am going to go mid-engine, get my fat but farther forward and start again.
i'm currently saving pennies for all the new sticks of pipe.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

That'll be pretty cool!! Are you going to go with a full tube chassis or use the mid and forward section of the VW pan with a custom rear?

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Well, the project stalled. Not from desire, but from finances. Hope is not lost, just some time.
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedster projectproject-- Little Giant Killer 3 Reply with quote

Just so you know- there are those of us in the crowd (having a hard time) patiently waiting to see this car run again! Do you know the fastest time the LGK ever put down?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: