Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air Conditioning going in soon
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
Just thought I’d pass along an update on buying the bulk roll of barrier hose on amazon:
It still works!

I got my 100’ roll of #10 barrier hose today from amazon for a shipped total of...... $4.47.

Give me a link. I need to order some! Cool

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

I could only find #10 hose at the bulk deal:
Four Seasons 55110 Refrigerant Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E0V4NI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JhaEFb0R21T8H

They have a #8 hose that I just ordered but I don’t know how much I’ll get:
Universal Air Conditioner RL 2300 A/C Refrigerant Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BPEYUGO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MiaEFbPJSQ939
I paid $15.83 shipped for that one
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

That 2nd link comes up at $151.07 now and out of stock. Also, just wondering why it doesn't say that the #10 is barrier hose in the description. But I can't see anybody selling non-barrier type these days as it's been in use pretty much universally for what, 25 years? And I ordered some. Cool

EDIT:
I looked up a description of this hose on a different site. Here's what it said. "Flexible hose for proper routing, OE Type barrier hose to minimize refrigerant loss, R12 and R134 compatible, Every coil tested for proper ohms, All mounting hardware included"
I'm kinda' curious what the proper ohms are. Laughing

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

My 100' roll of #10 hose arrived today. $4.76 plus sales tax delivered! Shouldn't somebody get fired for that? Very Happy
Also received a 50' (IIRC) roll of #6 hose I bought on eBay. $13.11 plus sales tax delivered.
Still waiting for the #8 hose I bought on Amazon for just under $16 to ship. The seller accepted my order and it's listed as preparing to ship but the current listing price has gone up to over $150!

mark tucker wrote:
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

Good luck on the #8 hose. Mine showed “shipped” but there’s no tracking, and I got a refund notice from the seller. Not sure what’s going on but I can only assume someone hit the brakes on these!
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
Good luck on the #8 hose. Mine showed “shipped” but there’s no tracking, and I got a refund notice from the seller. Not sure what’s going on but I can only assume someone hit the brakes on these!
Hearing you got your money back isn't exactly good news. I'd rather have the hose. I'm not finding any other screaming deals on it out there. Rolling Eyes

A bit of an update. There was a message from the seller in my server's spam filter from yesterday (10/9/20) morning telling me that the item is out of stock and they don't have any estimate of when it will be available. They said that if I don't want to wait I can cancel the order. I think I'll wait it out for a while to see if there's a chance I can still get it at the price. Very Happy

I guess this is the end. Amazon contacted me today (10/13/20) and said my order was cancelled due to a Technical Problem. Rolling Eyes Best price I know of on #8 hose is 25' for $34 on eBay with free shipping.

mark tucker wrote:
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

Saw this earlier today. 25 feet #8 hose delivered for $14.86 + tax. He had two. I bought one, one left.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274415114631

mark tucker wrote:
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning going in soon Reply with quote

Just a note on a supplier I found Nostalgic AC wss great to deal with. I never had much luck with eBay. They have pretty much everything you could need. I got the AC kit from the guys in Las Vegas, but I rerouted the hoses from how they ran them, so some different fittings were required.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: