Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reflective Westfalia Stickers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

I'm not holdings gun to your head to buy here...
But for most folk south of the border, it will cost still to ship.
When a "grassroots" product emerges - I say grassroots in that Stuart, myself and a few others wanted decals, so we made decals; I do not claim for these to be the first or revolutionary - generally there is good support. Especially if folks want the Riviera style made. I can tell you if folks prefer to buy Scott's decal (which is 100% their right to) I wouldn't develop the Riviera style any further. I did this because I saw a few people wanted them, and I had the means to.
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any items you bring to market - in case they can sell it cheaper, without shipping, in a different country, while being post-responsive. You know?
Appreciate the heads up, but I still don't see it as apples to apples, oranges to oranges.
Back to our regularly scheduled posts now...

Last edited by obnoxiousblue on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Mike, there goes your chances to be the next 20 something billionaire.

Oh wait, you're 30.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

I'm not worried Glenn...

This guy doesn't take holidays...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Plenty of money for me out there... My customers just don't know it yet!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
This guy doesn't take holidays...

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
akscooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

nobody has invented the wheel here, anybody can go to any sign shop and have one of these made... no shipping and just provide a vector file, WHAT? need free vw vector art? like a WESTFALIA LOGO? go to best brands of the world logos all kinds of them .... i work in sign shop keep your business local. simple as that..... and you are supporting YOUR local business...
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

We support each other here on a daily basis with help, advice, and suggestions on a wide array of subjects.

Why not support each other with some hard earned greenbacks?

Support your fellow VW enthusiasts!

Or hold on to that currency with a death grip so you can move.

(sold - but not forgotten)
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

akscooter wrote:
nobody has invented the wheel here, anybody can go to any sign shop and have one of these made... no shipping and just provide a vector file, WHAT? need free vw vector art? like a WESTFALIA LOGO? go to best brands of the world logos all kinds of them .... i work in sign shop keep your business local. simple as that..... and you are supporting YOUR local business...

Noone is claiming to have invented the wheel...
Congrats on working in a sign shop, feel free to make your own decal. I'll send you the file if you need it... Now stop being a troll...

NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

So far as I am aware, my early-1973-model-year (i.e. circa late-August or early-September 1972), VW 1600 Type 2 Westfalia Continental has never had any external Westfalia decals or stickers, since my father bought it second-hand in January 1975, and I have no reason to think it ever had any! Shocked

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

You're spot on, as usual Nigel.

Only the 79's got them from the factory. Then there seems to be some confusion as to which Vanagons would get them, and nothing but speculation as to which got decals with "curved" L's and which got "sharp" L's.
Your 73 would not have had decals.

Smile
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:

Only the 79's got them from the factory. Then there seems to be some confusion as to which Vanagons would get them, and nothing but speculation as to which got decals with "curved" L's and which got "sharp" L's.

Smile

He might be talking about the small rack logo Mike. The one me and Kevin were bantering about.

Look for my purchase here soon brother Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

AH! I'm sorry, then yes. You may have had one of the small ones, Nigel!
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:

Smile

RIP
Karl wrote:
I believe the word WESTFALIA, on the left rear of the pop top, appeared 1st on the 78 year models.....
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
obnoxiousblue wrote:

Smile

He might be talking about the small rack logo Mike. The one me and Kevin were bantering about.

As Nigel pointed out, this giant "Westfalia" decal didn't happen until 1979.

Regardless, it looks great and your reflective one is a nice added safety feature!

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
notchboy wrote:
obnoxiousblue wrote:

Smile

As Nigel pointed out, this giant "Westfalia" decal didn't happen until 1979.

Regardless, it looks great and your reflective one is a nice added safety feature!

This one Keith not the subject of this post Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

My next question, who wants to repop that red and blue in reflective?

Or is there a clear reflective tape that could go over it?

Hmm....

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Is the stallion missing something?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Better

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Better

My 1973 VW Type 2 Westfalia Continental doesn't have ANY external logos or stickers of ANY description; either on the elevating roof, roof rack or main vehicle bodywork!

The only thing to positively identify it as a Westfalia or a Continental, is the small aluminium plate, screwed onto the bottom of the rear rock-and-roll bed cum bench seat.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

Stickers are going out this afternoon!
Had to order material to make more! Thanks all for the support, keep an eye on your mailboxes!

Last edited by obnoxiousblue on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Reflective Westfalia Stickers Reply with quote

mike, I don't know why you bother. fuck em. let them get it cheaper somewhere else.

I ran into the same thing when I had these made

it was so I could run a late black face speedo in an early cluster. didn't feel like reinventing the wheel, and had these made. all told, I was into them for like 80.00.

someone asked for one some time ago. told them 20 shipped. their reply? "dude, for a sticker?"

well, asshole, go to the sign place talk with the artist, go over the proofs then have them made. these are a nice plasticky thick kind of material.

so, after you sell 10 of them, you'll get yours for "free"...no good deed goes unpunished mike....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: