Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Subie in a Thing
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Subie in a Thing Reply with quote

911pickup wrote:
So where does the hot air coming through the rad go?

Just to be clear, I wasn't posting this as a perfect example of how a radiator should be done. Just replying GI Joe's request for more pictures.

But, I agree with you guys. Kind of a disappointing design. I see the nose looks like it wasn't quite finished so perhaps they were just test-fitting the radiator but there is definitely way more air coming in that big screen up front than can escape through that tiny little hood vent or heater exhaust holes. This really needs a sealed box similar to the one Joel has on his Superbeetle.

That said, this is the first time I've ever seen a radiator in a Thing that was at least somewhat stealthy. I'd love to do a Subaru conversion that kept the vehicle as stock looking as possible. I believe the dual radiator setup that people have done lately on Bay Window Buses would work fairly well for a Thing. Thoughts? Are the vents on the Thing large enough?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: