Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Project 67
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

Yoo bad you weren't in California, I have a set of arms, torsion housing and an irs trans. Even have spring plates and torsion bars lol.
barrelroll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

Stauffenberg wrote:
I get what I need so if someone is needing something i'll keep the free train rolling if you come pick it up! The only part that sucks is there is no title or i'd fix the pans and swap it in haha

Need any parts? I bought a parts hoard a while ago and am working on a class 11 so a lot of the little odds and ends stuff is no use to me. I'd consider trading for race spares.
Stauffenberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

Well I haven't been able to dig in for awhile but recently I got more accomplished which feels great! I finally finished off the passenger heater channel repairs and moved on to patching the holes in the dash and also re-did a panel that I did when I first started and hated looking at.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Also we had the Bug-In here and I scored some great items and have some questions. First off I found a great single port Zenith manifold, carb, single Zenith throttle body, Porsche throttle body, and rebuild kit for 300 bucks! Can somebody recommend what jets I should be using for my altitude and motor? Its a stock 1600 single port with nothing besides the headers.

I found this diagram and from the jets I can see it might not be correct but I need to rebuild the carb anyway.

The deal of the day in my eyes was the roll cage I scored for 25 bucks.......
I thought the guy was messing with me Laughing I practically shoved the cash down his throat. Im pretty sure all the parts are here and Im pretty sure its this class 11 cage

Heres all the pieces I have

If you look at the two tubes on the right it only looks like I need one of them? Also if someone happens to have instructions from this set that would be great Laughing

Shopped around and managed to get a set and extra pieces for pop out windows Cool

dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

SCORE!!!

Yes, the pair of tubes on the right are B-pillar hoop roof bars. Only 1 is needed.

That b-pillar hoop in the kit as produced the last couple of decades is made in 3 pieces to keep the shipping costs down, and the junctions are not proper, I recommend making another b-pillar hoop of the same shape and dimensions, but out of a single piece. The junctions in the kit are right at the end of the bend at the top of the b-pillar posts so the inner sleeves cannot be inserted very far into those bends. To do that sort of junction properly, the inner sleeve should be 6" long, inserted into each side of the seam by 3", with rosette welds 1.5" from the seam. If you do not have a 1-piece hoop made, at LEAST put substantial gussets on both sides of the joints to help hold it together. I'm not real fond of those corner gussets that came with the kit there, they tend to cause breakage at the end of the gussets. I much prefer flat plate gussets 1/8" thick and 3" along each side (one side bigger than that). Weld them to one side of the cage tubes, rather than to the centerline of the tubes. Like this:

That cage in my Baja has a B-pillar hoop of 1-piece of 1.75" x .120 wall tube. Those gussets are 1/8" thick, 3"/side, welded at the surface of the tubes.

The single Zenith carb was the winningest setup in desert offroad racing for decades. For the high altitude at Denver I suggest the main jets should be smaller, the air correction jets larger, the idle (called "pilot" in the guide) jets smaller, the idle air larger. Probably the same K4 emulsion tube and 175 needle. Again...as said in the guide, NOT absolute, but suggestions.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stauffenberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

I knew if I posted about a roll cage you’d have some insight Dusty Laughing
Thanks for the advice I’ll make sure to do the B pillar hoop as you described plus I can use the leftover tubes elsewhere!
For the jets are you saying smaller and larger in reference to the guideline I found?
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

Yes. Those guidelines are intended for low elevation application. Above 5,000' like Denver doesn't qualify in that category.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stauffenberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Project 67 Reply with quote

After messing with the front end forever I finally have my fiberglass front end mounted!! I was initially going to make it a tilt front but with the bumper I have it wasn't coming together like I wanted, so I just solid mounted it. I did use one of Ruger59s designs and used the hood pins. Thanks Ruger!

The best feeling ever!!

I also went the the fun process of replacing all the seals on my pop outs and the cleaned up really well! Also I dont know what anyone is talking about the inner seals were a cakewalk compared to the frame to body seals Shocked never want to do that again. The seals were the most expensive part I only spent 15 bucks for the windows and the other latch was in the garage when I took the picture Laughing

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: