Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

seat spring boing!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakokombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: seat spring boing! Reply with quote

Skills, maybe you could solve this by simply loosing a few pounds.
See Mrs. Skills for more details. Very Happy
72 Baja
alaskadan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: seat spring boing! Reply with quote

mikedjames wrote:
I have welded up broken seat springs . The best way is to get some upholstery Z springs which come in various lengths. Chop a section off the Z spring and overlap the break with the section. Weld it to the broken spring away from the break to avoid putting welds in the stressed position.

I also used the Z spring to totally replace some of the "folded" springs at the front of the seat. It can be bent quite readily and then holds its shape.

My passenger seat had totally collapsed and springs were poking through. The rebuild is holding up.

Yep been there too. Over here we call Z springs " no sag springs " and it comes in a roll. One would likely be able to buy a short pc at any good upholstery shop.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: seat spring boing! Reply with quote

jakokombi wrote:
Skills, maybe you could solve this by simply loosing a few pounds.
See Mrs. Skills for more details. Very Happy

Crying or Very sad

I could stand to lose about 25-30 pounds. but I love bacon....oh, the choices.... Laughing

when I rebuilt the seat I don't this I took into consideration the coils in terms of the way they were wound. 2 of them are a little crooked and that's where my boing is coming from. so 1 coil is hitting on the next.

I will just find a donor seat and harvest more springs

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
jakokombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: seat spring boing! Reply with quote

If you have a pic, I may have just the spring portion you need.
72 Baja
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: