Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WooooHooooo
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

A little more fitted up.
Still a ways to go.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I am gonna hafta get help welding it all up. I just plain can not see well enough anymore.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

thats skeering me too.. I think ill mig mine.or have my brother tig it.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

Are you purging the exhaust while tacking it together? If not your welder buddy is gonna have a difficult time when it comes to welding it up for the final assembly.
Yea, getting old and having the eyes go sucks. I too suffer from the old man eyes. Even with my glasses on, mig welding is a bitch at best.

Keep up the fantastic work. I for one am very impressed with your ingenuity on this rad build. Cool

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

I have a top of the line tig machine.

Not purging the tacks. The vast majority of the little tacks did not sugar. But I do have a few that I burnt up. Will have to be welded around then ground out.
I used to be able to do this, sometimes still can if I get something set right in the sweet spot of my bifocals and helmet.

Then again it is not food grade. Not too worried about the inside being perfectly slick as long as it is not knots of sugar inside.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
I have a top of the line tig machine.

Not purging the tacks. The vast majority of the little tacks did not sugar. But I do have a few that I burnt up. Will have to be welded around then ground out.
I used to be able to do this, sometimes still can if I get something set right in the sweet spot of my bifocals and helmet.

Then again it is not food grade. Not too worried about the inside being perfectly slick as long as it is not knots of sugar inside.

You can always get a cheater lens from the local welding supply.
I need to do that Shocked Haven't yet! But need to for sure.

A few years ago, I borescoped some welds at a well known yogurt plant in So. Cal.
The welds I was inspecting were sugared. Just black goobers in the final product fill line. Real bad! Funny thing was there was an employee that went to the labeling line and pulled a cup of yogurt off the line and ate it right in front of me. That was after he had witnessed my borescope video screen.
What a dope. Food grade is not all it's cracked up to be.
Just sayin.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

Yep ya would be suprised at some of the stuff I have seen working in the food industry.
We do good work. But lots of it is not. Just dont get caught by usda.

Did some work for a nuclear power plant and they were dumbfounded at the welds. Had never seen anything close to the care taken. I thought they would be super strict as they had all kinds of certs required and detailed prints and instructions. We did it to the letter for them per their provided requirements and they had not ever seen a properly spec weld before ever.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
Did some work for a nuclear power plant and they were dumbfounded at the welds. Had never seen anything close to the care taken. I thought they would be super strict as they had all kinds of certs required and detailed prints and instructions. We did it to the letter for them per their provided requirements and they had not ever seen a properly spec weld before ever.
Shocked

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

A little further.

mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

As always sweet. Keep them noogies outa there.personaly I think they lead to cracking....
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

Gas tank adventures.

Last edited by DeathBySnuSnu on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

shit can that tank Shocked get 2 bug front fenders,cut,section, weld and mount the heads lights in the tank....... Wink
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

I don't think so Mark.
This thing is way to small for something that bulky.
Gotta be able to get yo the foot controls.

Last edited by DeathBySnuSnu on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
shit can that tank Shocked get 2 bug front fenders,cut,section, weld and mount the heads lights in the tank....... Wink

That's a SWEET idea!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

the headlights would be in front of your knees and up higher...kinda like.... Shocked ...........but yours looks nice too. Wink
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

those do look like some nice knees
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

I see the split fender graft often, but for the back end of a trike body.
Not necessarily vw related.

It can be ok on something with some size to it.

This thing is only 4ft wide and 66 inch wheelbase.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

So what keeps the engine cool ? I see no tin no fan of any sort?
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

A light load. Tall gears. And ground speed.

It is not even "on the cam" at normal highway speed.

I can burst some big hp output then cruise to cool down.
Can not idle forever. Can not city drive, must have above 30 mph wind.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
A light load. Tall gears. And ground speed.

It is not even "on the cam" at normal highway speed.

I can burst some big hp output then cruise to cool down.
Can not idle forever. Can not city drive, must have above 30 mph wind.

thanks.. that is what I figured,,
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: WooooHooooo Reply with quote

WOW......Lookit that!

I never expected photo bucket to go back to the free hosting.
I see they are back right now (with an add banner).

I had counted this thread dead so I had started a new thread with local pictures instead of hosted.

So if you found this thread and got to here and are wondering what happened next.
her is the re-post and newer.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682898&highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: