Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

I like the retro originality of my stock stereo but I don't like the lack of modern features. I don't have a huge budget for audio upgrades so I bought this cheap Bluetooth adapter on Amazon. It received Bluetooth and transmits on FM. For $13 I'm pretty impressed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
highaltidude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

Thanks, I didn't know those products existed....

Chuck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fuzzyip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

How well is it working? Do you get good reception from that thing?
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

highaltidude wrote:

Chuck

Shocked I didn't know those products STILL existed.

I'll find my van someday, or it will find me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

DwarfVader wrote:
highaltidude wrote:

Chuck

Shocked I didn't know those products STILL existed.

LOL, I first tried a cassette adapter. This thing works great. You can tune it to any open frequency. It has a SD card slot, you can answer the phone, and it can skip tracks (even in apps that Siri can't).
dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

Link to purchase?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

How is the noise level at freeway speeds? My GPS has a Bluetooth in it and is unusable at speed because of the background noise.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

Search Amazon for Bluetooth fm transmitter. There are several options. This one will show up on the first page of the search.

As far as noise at highway speeds you must be referring to noise during a phone call. I have only streamed music and it's just fine. I imagine any phone device would be loud in a Vanagon.
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

I do miss the ease of fading front to rear with a simple knob vs a series of buttons to dig into a menu to do it on my fancy modern headset. Impossible to do any adjustments while driving. And the thing is so f'n bright! Jealous of your retro stereo.

-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Bluetooth to stock stereo Reply with quote

I've had zero luck with FM transmitter or cassette adaptor BT. ZERO--either the FM transmitter is full of static or the cassette player auto reverse won't accept the adaptor. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: