Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front seat identification
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ne5tor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Front seat identification Reply with quote

Hello fellow VW'ers

I am trying to identify the front seats that came with my bus.

These are the swivel seats that came installed:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I was going to reupholster them, but then I saw a pair of seats on sale that look like the seats that should have come with y bus, but I don't know if theyre compatible with mine.

Can someone help me out please?

Forgot.... this is what the base looks like from my front seats:

alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Front seat identification Reply with quote

neither "belong" in your bus
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616871&highlight=front+seat+id

but you can mod the newer set with the mods from the old ones.
If you want to find original, the good news is the previous owner did not cut out the factory seat rails in the pic you posted of the seat mounts
I may have missed it, but what year is your bus? in the provided thread, it tells you what years slide into your year. I could guess, but I will let you read
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Front seat identification Reply with quote

The ones that are in there are fom some non-VW.

The set that you found for sale go to a Vanagon, but will be one of the best upgrades you will ever make to your bus. You are lucky to have found them!

They will be a direct fit to the original rails.

Get those!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Front seat identification Reply with quote

good call on the vanagon seats. I missed that
they will slide in if you have a 76 or later. (late 76 or later?)
Ne5tor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Front seat identification Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies!
I do have a 1977 and love that these Vanagon seats would just slide in but from what I've been reading here, if I just slide them in them in, I will loose my swivel unless I can also come up with some VW swivel bases? Or I wonder if I can adapt my existing swivel to the Vanagon seats? Also, been reading that my front door' fresh air ducts will interfere with the Vanagon arm rest?
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Front seat identification Reply with quote

sounds like you know exactly whats going on. I think the armrest next to the door can be taken off so that the door vent wont interfere, and yes, you would need a swivel base
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: