Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

A knock off Fiamma 10' awning is for sale, price dropped to $500
Installed on a Sprinter, might have the GW brackets included.

here is the ad:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/d/vanagon-sprinter-van-aleko-10/6269715852.html

There is a subject on Samba about these awnings here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...;start=240
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Another pretty sweet posting, an ENTIRE parts van for free... it is missing significant amount of parts, but still... pretty sweet:

it is currently pending, but I am sure if you reach out maybe you could be "next in line"

ad:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1986-vanagon-parts-van/6272709489.html

Free parts van, no motor or tranny and missing fuse panel. But lots of great parts still seats,a/c unit etc. No title, the guy I bought it from promised a title but, is having a hard time delivering one. Also I might cut the rear drivers corner out for my van.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I just learned about this organization in Snohomish County:
"SnoCo Makers"

It is a group where the founding member is leasing industrial space near Boeing (everett) and provides industrial tools for members to use. Membership is $40/mo and the organization puts on little seminars (CNC, welding, 3D printing, wood working)

As I understand it, members are allowed to use any equipment as much as they would like. Anyways, I thought others that live nearby might find this helpful. Maybe you can now make those bumpers you were dreaming of?

https://snocomakers.wildapricot.org/
flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Neat!
Very hard for me to get to but sounds like a great blend of the physical and the technological aspects of "making".
Teelinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Anyone making the trip from Portland to Seattle anytime soon?

If so, would you be willing to pick up some seats on your way up?

I'll pay for gas and a round of the beverage of your choice Laughing

Thanks, James

86 Syncro GL with Pop-top, Weekender and Subie conversion
73 BMW 2002
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

set of CLK's in Kirkland, $400 (4 rims).
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/wto/d/mercedes-16-toliman-clk/6327516597.html
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I was just looking through CL and saw an ad for Small Car, they are doing a "sale" at the end of the month to clear up their shelves.

Has anyone gone to an event like this before with SmallCar? If so, what was your impression of parts? (Nice gems or over priced for what it is)?

Thanks

Here's the ad:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/d/parts-garage-sale-small-car/6349812997.html

and the text in the ad:
Small Car Performance in Fife, WA is holding a big Garage Sale the last weekend of October to sell a bunch of parts we have overflowing our shelves!

We will have lots of VW Vanagon and Subaru parts as well as wheels and tires and a whole lot of our usual parts available and filling the garage areas. This will be a great time to browse or come looking for something specific, so don't miss it!

Just a few examples of things we'll have out for sale. The included photos are also some examples (but there will be lots more!)

* New and Used, New Old Stock, and Take-offs for sale
* Subaru and Vanagon parts, Conversion Parts
* Wheels and Tires
* Engines
* Subaru Lenses
* Subaru Stereo decks
* Vanagon Seats and Interior
* Vanagon Engine Parts
* lots more!

-----------------------------------------
Date: October 27th and 28th
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(Small Car Performance's normal location)
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8595592#8595592

hey vanagons! come join us!!

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Just went to the Small Car Performance garage sale (friday & saturday). Lots of stuff there. Seats, bumpers, Wheels/rims, various plastic bits and a bunch of Westy fridges. I bought a heavy duty rubber backed chunk of carpet to lay over the rear deck for $8. If you're anywhere near Fife, WA today or saturday, stop in and give it a look-see.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Hey Seattle contingent I have a general question and a part request, hope this doesnt break too many forum rules...

First:
My family has decided it is time to return back to the east coast and be closer to family. My wife and I moved to the PNW from Washington DC in 2009 a couple of months after getting married. When we moved out it was just us, and over the last 9 years our family has grown, I have 3 wonderful boys (5, 3, 1 yr) and we decided we wanted to them to grow up knowing their cousins and aunts and uncles. So with that we are uprooting and either settling in Charlottesville VA or Pittsburgh PA.

So the request:
My van's engine is all original. I have approx 137k miles on it. Should I get the head gasket repair done? A local mechanic (zoltan in Lynnwood) charges $1500.00 to do the head gasket job. I can't find the pressure test leak down numbers (had peacevans do a full inspection in 2015) but the numbers were solid (140 - 150 each).

We plan to take the van cross country (4 weeks) with the kids...we'll see if our plan changes after 1 week #Bad Talk

I read the head gasket topic (14 pages of posts) and realize the risk is with how often the coolant was changed and the type. I just had my radiator replaced and coolant flushed. I bought my van in 2015, my family acquired the van in 2012. I do not have any documentation prior to 2012.

So yeah, looking for the wisdom of the group.

Part request:
So, in another post i showed off my newly renovated middle pedestal swivel seat. I am super excited about this seat. My problem is that i will be installing carseats onto this seat, and the seatbelt is a ratcheting lap belt. I am wondering if anyone has a traditional lap belt (maybe back bench or middle bench) that they are not using and I could have?

The desire for the non-racheting lap belt is the car seats I have, I can put the lapbelt across the "base" (see pictures below) and cinch it down tight, and that secures the car seat. The ratcheting belt i have requires that I "activate" the auto lock, then attempt with all mi might to get it into the buckle and compress the seat. The rear lap belt that has the strap you pull to tight gives me greater mechanical advantage to better secure the seat.

so, if you have an extra laying around from the 3pt seatbelt swap or something, can I have it?

let me know, thanks!
-Dana

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Kirsche Wasserboxer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I have a rear seat belt you can have. Two actually. One in nice shape that my dog chewed the plastic buckle cover of, and a replacement I purchased on eBay that has an intact buckle, but dirty belt. I never ended up using it, as I installed the 3-point belts from GoWesty. Well the passenger side anyway. I'm still working up the courage to cut into the closet for the driver's side. Smile Judging by your user name, I'm guessing that you also just bought two headrest pads from me on the Seattle Craigslist?
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Kirsche, that would be awesome! And yes, I need to tag up with you for those pads, so I can do it all in the same visit. Thanks again!!
Sirizer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Hello.

I have an 87 vanagon GL that needs a new engine. I’m wondering if anyone has a lead on where I can find one. I’d be looking for installation also if that is an option.

Summer is just around the corner and I really what to get this thing back in the road.

Thanks!
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Sirizer wrote:
Hello.

I have an 87 vanagon GL that needs a new engine. I’m wondering if anyone has a lead on where I can find one. I’d be looking for installation also if that is an option.

Summer is just around the corner and I really what to get this thing back in the road.

Thanks!

Give me a call, I can probably assist with both Smile

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
erikgundy98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

An engine just popped up on Portland Craigslist. $250
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
Hey Seattle contingent I have a general question and a part request, hope this doesnt break too many forum rules...

First:
My family has decided it is time to return back to the east coast and be closer theto family. My wife and I moved to the PNW from Washington DC in 2009 a couple of months after getting married. When we moved out it was just us, and over the last 9 years our family has grown, I have 3 wonderful boys (5, 3, 1 yr) and we decided we wanted to them to grow up knowing their cousins and aunts and uncles. So with that we are uprooting and either settling in Charlottesville VA or Pittsburgh PA.

-Dana

Hey Dana, it sounds like this move is a good choice for you and the family. Well done!
I don’t have any of the parts you need (I just had to buy a rear lap belt myself) but I’ll send you on your way with good wishes for a safe trip. Here’s hoping the boys keep loving the van!

Jim

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
Sirizer wrote:
Hello.

Thanks!

Give me a call, I can probably assist with both Smile

Well that was easy.

206-841-7324
[email protected]
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I just got my van back from Zoltan (lynnwood, thewestyman at g mail) where I asked him to rehab my lower fridge seam that has been rusting away.

I dont have great pictures of the rust prior to rehab (seriously looked through over a thousand photos and didnt have a great shot of it, crazy). Anyways, he uses POR15 and fiberglass, and brings the van to a paint shop for the final paint. I think it came out great, and only time will tell if it will last. It cost me about $1000.00 for the repair, passing it along in case anyone else in the area is interested/thinks it is a good deal.

Here are some photos:

After pictures:

shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

that's an awesome deal imo
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder and tip, Dana. Sounds like you’re crossing all kinds of stuff of the list.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: